• Register
  • Help
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Topic: Choir Library???

Share/Bookmark

Choir Library???

Hey everyone!!! Nice to talk with everyone again. I haven't been able to lately due to writing for "Our Town" and more business in school.

Anyway.. I am looking into investing in a good choir library, mainly for Gregorian Chants and things of the sort. I know of all the the big ones. SOV, VOTA, EWQLSC, Miroslav... Are there any other gems I should consider? Which would you recommend?

Re: Choir Library???

If you want to put lyrics in, the EWQLSQ works surprisingly well with its WordBuilder program. Not sure if that's what you want in terms of sound, which is mostly church-y or Gothic sounding. Voices of the Apocolypse is much better if you want shouting, barking, aggro stuff, but no lyrics.
    Kind regards,

John
    www.johngrahammusic.com

The gregorian chants in SoV is wonderful if you ask me.

I just ordered it. However I forgot about the tax for importing things from outside EU, so it wasnt so cheap after all. (decided buying it since the dollar is so cheap in Sweden nowdays)

You will not include any monks in your future choir project? ;-)

/Johnny

You haven't mentioned budget. If tight, you can hardly lose by picking up the Papelmedia sample set which, for 20 euros, gives solo voices, adult and children's choirs, and a complete orchestra and midi instrument set usuable as soundfonts or as VST plug in. It is not perfect but it is extremely useful for fair mock-ups. I have temporarily posted a short piece for unaccompanied female solo voices on my Soundclick page if you want to check it out. It is not Gregorian chant, but comes close in a modern style. My piece is on this link. http://www.soundclick.com/bands/page...?bandID=342382. The Papelmedia site is here http://www.papelmedia.de/english/

Quote Originally Posted by drjohnny79

You will not include any monks in your future choir project? ;-)

/Johnny
    Haha, I wish. No, I am basically wanting something I probably cannot accomplish with the singers of my own library.

P.S. Sorry for such a delay with the piano lib. It will be coming very soon!

I am very much considering switching my perspective and possibly going with buying the educational version of the Boychoir LE... I am very impressed with the demo's... Is it good?

Jeremy:
    I first purchased Giovanni LE a year and a half ago and was so impressed that I purchased the complete library when it went on a Group Buy later in the year. The complete library offers a separate boys and girls choir. The realism is stunning. These are not synthetic sounds, but voices that really breathe. If you can swing it, while the Bela D Group buy is still running, I would definitely recommend this library to you. Its wordbuilding program is not as innovative as EWQL's tool, but the realism and clarity of sound (albeit in a limited range) is so convincing. Good to hear from you again. Keep up the good work on the forthcoming piano library.

Quote Originally Posted by jeremy.saenz
    I am very much considering switching my perspective and possibly going with buying the educational version of the Boychoir LE... I am very impressed with the demo's... Is it good?
    But you're still thinking of making your own choir library, I hope?

Best regards.

Quote Originally Posted by khiun
    But you're still thinking of making your own choir library, I hope?

Best regards.
    Oh yes... Definitely

I just need a good choir as of right now for a couple projects

Thumbs up Re: Choir Library???

Quote Originally Posted by RobertTewes
    Jeremy:
    I first purchased Giovanni LE a year and a half ago and was so impressed that I purchased the complete library when it went on a Group Buy later in the year. The complete library offers a separate boys and girls choir. The realism is stunning. These are not synthetic sounds, but voices that really breathe. If you can swing it, while the Bela D Group buy is still running, I would definitely recommend this library to you. Its wordbuilding program is not as innovative as EWQL's tool, but the realism and clarity of sound (albeit in a limited range) is so convincing. Good to hear from you again. Keep up the good work on the forthcoming piano library.
    Thank you for your kind words, Robert!

Francis

PS. Best of success, Jeremy!
    Bela D Media | www.BelaDMedia.com

Go Back to forum