• Register
  • Help

Topic: Audiophile 2496 vs 192

Share/Bookmark

Audiophile 2496 vs 192

Hi,

Am i right to say that the only diffrence between the (M-audio's audiophile 2496) and the (audiophile 192) is the higher sampling rate given to the 192, and that the would be no diffrence in the two as apposed to musical performence and lower latency.??? basically which ones better..

Musicmad

Re: Audiophile 2496 vs 192

Quote Originally Posted by musicmad
    Hi,

Am i right to say that the only diffrence between the (M-audio's audiophile 2496) and the (audiophile 192) is the higher sampling rate given to the 192, and that the would be no diffrence in the two as apposed to musical performence and lower latency.??? basically which ones better..

Musicmad

Roughly correct. The 192 does have balanced 1/4" I/O jacks, generally superior to the RCA jacks on the 96. The practical difference imay not loom huge; RCA can be used with complete success. The extreme high 192 sampling rate is seldom used by musicians, even though several will now post to insist life is impossible without it.

If you need very robust cabling and unusually high samole rate, 192 is the choice; otherwise you can use the cheaper one. Either one is a good buy.

Larry

To me the balanced inputs and outputs are the biggest advantage. They support longer runs without picking up hum and radio noise.

Add a vote here for the 192. I have been very pleased with mine. You can't go wrong with it. Be sure, whichever one you get, to make sure you have the latest drivers.
    Jerry
    Dayton, Kentucky
    Personally, I'm waiting for caller IQ.

Go Back to forum