• Register
  • Help
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Topic: Wusik Engine

Share/Bookmark

Wusik Engine

I read this two days ago on kvr thought it could be very useful for my libraries :

http://www.kvraudio.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=196229

Anyone use Wusikstation here?

I really like some of the features and am consider using it for a couple of my complex libraries.... What do you think?

God Bless,

Jeremy

Re: Wusik Engine

Wusik is one of my go-to synths and I use it for almost everything I do, with the exception of EWQL products (which FORCES me to use K2).

William is amazing with his customer support (most requests answered within 10 minutes and new features THE SAME DAY when possible!!!)

I HIGHLY advise it. You can use it as your own personal sampler/rompler - it has all the features you need, including disk streaming, a sample editor, 6 layers, wave sequencers, arps, trance gates, world-class effects and a lot more.

There is a lot of 3rd party support (I am creating a HUGE 30GB library for Wusik) and some great products available from quite a few sample and content developers.

Wusik Magazine is a phenomenal resource of information and new sounds/presets every single month.

Go to www.world-class-multimedia.com to see our new products for Wusik and hear our scoring portfolio - where Wusik was used in almost every single cue, in one way or another.

William is even creating a new chainer as well - this guy never sleeps!!!

Mike
    C R E A T I V I T Y - www.mfelkerco.com

WilliamK is a great guy and Wusik is a solid low-budget choice, but many of the factory sounds are really cheap, IMO, and the interface is too small and at times also cheap looking. The browser doesn't show the full directory tree, unlike most sample/patch browsers, which is simply annoying. I have had countless problems installing, updating, and moving around Wusik. No other software has annoyed me as much, as it lacks basic features like letting you select where to install the library file to separately. Instead, it has an inane system where it simply automatically selects where to go, and if you've already got some sort of other Wusik-based product installed.. good luck!

But despite the incredible amount of problems and frustration I have experienced, there is no better choice than the WusikEngine for a bundled player, unless you can fork over the dough for K2P/GVI.
    Zircon Studios - Original music for media, electronica, sound design, and synthesis.

Andrew,

You are simply wrong about the location of the sample data. You may put your wusik samples any place you wish AS LONG AS THEY ARE IN THE SAME FOLDER. They can be on any hard drive anywhere. Simply delete the old folder location (ie. c:\vstfiles\wusik.com\wusikstation data\) and when you run wusik the next time, it will ask you for the location of the data folder. Browse for it and you are done.

There is nothing wrong with the file browser. Some prefer the explorer type of file browser and some prefer a general listing. Simply put, wusik looks in specific folders for specific items, like sounds and presets. IMHO, I just don't find it that hard or a PITA to use. Maybe I am just more forgiving than others.

As far as the existing sounds - yeah, some are good, some not so good, some are quite amazing. 3rd party sounds like ones from Nucleus Soundlabs, Artvera, Dangerbear, BITR, and many other (like I said before, I am creating a new Wusik 30GB library that will serve as a high quality bread and butter workstation soundset. I will announce more about it when it is ready for public consumption). If I read correctly, major sample developers like esounds now have Wusik versions of their libraries and more are coming on board every day.

Look, Wusik may be simple, but it's rock solid stable, works and works damn well!

Mike

Quote Originally Posted by jeremy.saenz
    I read this two days ago on kvr thought it could be very useful for my libraries :

http://www.kvraudio.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=196229

Anyone use Wusikstation here?

I really like some of the features and am consider using it for a couple of my complex libraries.... What do you think?

God Bless,

Jeremy
    Hi Jeremy,

I think Wusik has some great sounding pads, and I'm very impressed with William (the developer and president) and his energy level in getting this company off the ground. The price is very reasonable, and they continue to produce 100s of megabytes of samples integrated to new voices with each magazine issue, 4 to 6 times a year.

The program is young, and does have problems. Installation is very rough, at least it was with the version 3 product. Performance is demanding. I'm building a new computer with loads of horsepower, and will try to install WS 4.0 when that is complete.

Wusik is not something to rely upon yet, but with support, I believe William will pull it all together in the relatively near future. Perhaps this is a good time to get in on the ground floor?

I would suggest that if you have a little disposable capital that you make the small investment and get on board, but do so with your eyes open.

kwgm:

Version 4.0 is out of beta and the installer is now no muss, no fuss. Pretty much your standard windows installer.

New features like keyswitching, round robbin, trance gates, new effects and the new wusik mapper make it even more powerful.

I believe William is finally on the right (and even-keeled) track now.

Mike

Thumbs up Re: Wusik Engine

Hey guys, a bit late here, but I guess I'm the one to reply to some concerns about Wusikstation and the Wusik Engine.

First, since V4, we have redone the whole Installer. So now its very easy to install. The new installer asks where you want the large data files stored, and where to post the VST DLL files. Plus, we no longer use the Windows Registry, we use .wIni files for all settings. Making it much easier to handle.

Since the latest updates, Wusik Engine has been rock-solid. We got near 2,000 users using it without problems. And when a problem is found, we will track it down and solve it.

We also released an update with Windows Vista support. And soon a MAC version will be released. (its not included in the license deal, an extra fee will be required to cross-grade, as we need to pay the new MAC coder)

Ah, the file-browser does show the path. EG: \ Presets \ My Bass \ Bass 1 - its at the top of the file-browser.

What else can I say?

Best Regards, WilliamK
    www.Wusik.com - Virtual Instruments
    YouTube.Wusik.com - Wusikstation Tutorials
    www.William-K.com - Personal Music Page

Quote Originally Posted by WilliamK
    Hey guys, a bit late here, but I guess I'm the one to reply to some concerns about Wusikstation and the Wusik Engine.

First, since V4, we have redone the whole Installer. So now its very easy to install. The new installer asks where you want the large data files stored, and where to post the VST DLL files. Plus, we no longer use the Windows Registry, we use .wIni files for all settings. Making it much easier to handle.

Since the latest updates, Wusik Engine has been rock-solid. We got near 2,000 users using it without problems. And when a problem is found, we will track it down and solve it.

We also released an update with Windows Vista support. And soon a MAC version will be released. (its not included in the license deal, an extra fee will be required to cross-grade, as we need to pay the new MAC coder)

Ah, the file-browser does show the path. EG: \ Presets \ My Bass \ Bass 1 - its at the top of the file-browser.

What else can I say?

Best Regards, WilliamK
    William, you proved my point -- here you are with the answers. Thank you! The installer was a key feature. I'm glad you've got it in. I really never got 3.14 (whatever that last version was) to install properly.

By the way, I've got a new DAW computer on order, and when it arrives and I'm setup, I'll be looking forward to trying out the new 4.0 software.

--kwgm

Wusikstation is one of my favorite synths. It can act as a rompler, but it is also a vector synth. It even has an XY pad and can play wavesequences. I've had few problems, and the one's I've had were quickly resolved.

To echo what Karmacomposer said, you can put the data files on any drive.

William, I'll be first in line to buy the Mac version when it comes out. For years I've been wishing for a softsynth version of my Kurzweil K2s, and you're the only developer who has come close (and in some ways exceeded them.) Does Wusik Station work on the Receptor, or are there plans to "Receptorize" it?

Go Back to forum