• Register
  • Help

Topic: Build your own vst sampler?

Share/Bookmark

Build your own vst sampler?

I remember reading recently about an environment that essentially allowed the user to build a rompler out of their own samples, and save it as a vsti. It wasn't synthedit - it was very much more oriented towards sample playback. Problem is I can't remember what it was called, or who made it. Can anyone help?

Re: Build your own vst sampler?

I'm also interested in creating my own VST samples. In one of my searches I found SynthMaker, a graphical programming environment for creating VST instruments and effects plug-ins. Looks interesting but haven't tried it yet. There are lots of other programs on that page as well.

Yudit

Thanks Sunbird.
    I did a bit of googling, and found the one I was looking for. IT's here

http://www.maizesoft.cn/msp/en/index.asp

If you just want to build sample-based instruments, and not synths, this looks ideal.

Thanks, Pingu. Another program to explore...

Maize Sampler is great for the simple sample libs! I am looking for a bit more and found liscensing from the wusik engine. Which lets you skin like the maize sampler but offers way more features

God Bless,

Jeremy

I bought Maize sampler several months ago in hopes of creating custom vsti instruments at a low cost (no such thing).

It is a reasonably good keymapper application, however the vsti side of things is horribly deficient. There is NO preset creation at all - one envelope and an effect. Pretty much made for making an instrument (like a guitar) you can playback as a vsti to amaze your friends.

Yes, it has disk streaming and keyswitching, but that does not help things much. I already use Wusik (a really good quality rompler that allows you to "cook your own" sounds and presets.) Wusik happens to have, among other things, key switching and a nice brand new key mapper that is very good.

I also own Kontakt 2 and it has caused me infinite grief and I have totally given up on using it (except to playback all of my EWQL products). Wusik has replaced my need to use K2 for almost everything except scripting and does not have the annoying and often problematic copy protection that NI does.

Maize will not help most people - just upset you. Too bad, too. The keymapper is quite good. It's the export to vsti that makes it useless to people like myself, who want to create custom synths. It also has a few bugs and has crashed on me a bit.

Mike
    C R E A T I V I T Y - www.mfelkerco.com

Quote Originally Posted by jeremy.saenz
    ...great for the simple sample libs! ....

Jeremy
    For simple sample libs, SFZ format and SFZ vsti player is great. I have been investigating it a little, and it have it all: keyswitching, staccato randomes, and lot of features. But is only windows and is editable trough an external editor.
    Marcelo Colina

Quote Originally Posted by jeremy.saenz
    Maize Sampler is great for the simple sample libs! I am looking for a bit more and found liscensing from the wusik engine. Which lets you skin like the maize sampler but offers way more features

God Bless,

Jeremy
    Why not liscensing from Kontakt?

What do you mean when you are talking about a simple sample library?

Just about your last posted piano-lib... . What is this, more than a simple sample lib or what?
    "Music is the shorthand of emotion." Leo Tolstoy

Listen to me, tuning my triangle http://www.box.net/shared/ae822u6r3i

Quote Originally Posted by germancomponist
    Why not liscensing from Kontakt?

What do you mean when you are talking about a simple sample library?

Just about your last posted piano-lib... . What is this, more than a simple sample lib or what?
    My piano Library is very simple and will use the maize sampler. Other libraries that I am looking on licensing engines for are my SATB Choir, Solo Vocals, Solo Guitar, and a very new & special percussion library

I haven't personally looked into the kontakt license price... I heard it was expensive compared to the $20 a piece or less for Wusik

Go Back to forum