• Register
  • Help

Topic: Registration

Share/Bookmark

Registration

I have downloaded the Kontak2 player and installed GPO and CoMB and all was working very, very well. Suddenly this morning I find that I can run the CoMB just fine, but any attempts at loading instruments from GPO gets me a pop-up saying I must register the software.

I assumed it was the player, but they say not so, that I must be running an illicit copy of GPO - Definately not so!

Anyone have a suggestion as to where I go from here?

Re: Registration

1030 AM - now I am getting a note saying the license can not be found and that I must "activate" the software."

Help......

Run the NI Service center application and you should be all set.

This program "authorizes" all you Native Instruments products, which include Konakt Player 2.

Try going to your GPO folder on your hard drive and use the Registration Tool.

Okay - I went to the registration tool and logged in. But then I get the message that I cannot activate the GPO because the number belongs to someone else. Then I got an e-mail saying that the GPO library needs to be properly registered because the trail period has expired.

Then a second message saying there was an error trying to acquire a license for this patch. Again it sent me back to the service center and we went through the whole thing again - with the same results.

You might try sending an email to NI describing your troubles and asking them to reset things in their database. In my experience, they can be very helpful when you send them a polite and detailed explanation of what's going on.

Tom, is there possibly a confusion of email addresses? Perhaps you did business with NI from a previous addy, and the supposedly other person your GPO number belongs to is actually you--?

Randy B.
    (rbowser)

Quote Originally Posted by Reegs
    You might try sending an email to NI describing your troubles and asking them to reset things in their database. In my experience, they can be very helpful when you send them a polite and detailed explanation of what's going on.
    I have done that - but no response yet. I have exchanged 5 previous e-mails so far and have been exceedingly polite

Quote Originally Posted by rbowser-
    Tom, is there possibly a confusion of email addresses? Perhaps you did business with NI from a previous addy, and the supposedly other person your GPO number belongs to is actually you--?

Randy B.
    (rbowser)
    That is precisely what I believe has happened. I sent them the three possible e-mail addresses from previous locations. Eventually we will get this straightened out - in the meantime, I will play more with the CoMB - and keep my eye out for Choirs. )

Ah, well Tom, I had a momentary hassle with registering with this new system, after owning GPO for a year - I searched my various email addresses until I found the original message from them. When I clicked on the link in that old email - there I was, doing business - I changed my user info to my current and more commonly used email, and the rest worked out.

Try searching for old NI messages perhaps, in your various addys.

Randy B.
    (rbowser)

Go Back to forum