• Register
  • Help
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Topic: "Animato" (It. - Animated)

Share/Bookmark

Arrow "Animato" (It. - Animated)

Music Lovers,

I first posted this composition two years ago. Since that time I rewrote portions of it. It is partial GPO.

This is my "Animato" (Harpsichord Version)

"Animato" (Piano Version)

My best to all,

Larry
    Larry G. Alexander
    www.alexandermusic.com

Re: "Animato" (It. - Animated)

Hey Mr. Larry, - long time ...

I think I remember this work. You churn out so much it is hard to keep up. Maybe you could provide a link to the other version for comparison.?

Of course this is very lively and animated but there is a subtle "negative" drama here of a frantic pace in desperation. ? OK maybe not but thats what ears told me.

Wow, I really like the string only section that starts in the middle of the work. Great change and a needed pause from the harpsichord. Beautiful string writing!

Your music always puts a "smirk" on my face!

Michael
    "...Wiktor's a Jekyll-Hyde personality..." - Lycos Music
    http://www.miserymadebeautiful.com

I wasn't on board here when you first posted this, Larry, so I'm glad you did a bit of a "redo" to post again. I absolutely loved the frenetic energy with which you infused this piece and -- as Michael mentioned above -- the string writing is really, really effective. I admire your wonderful talent and prolificness!

Danny

Quote Originally Posted by Michael A. Wiktor
    Hey Mr. Larry, - long time ...

I think I remember this work. You churn out so much it is hard to keep up. Maybe you could provide a link to the other version for comparison.?

Of course this is very lively and animated but there is a subtle "negative" drama here of a frantic pace in desperation. ? OK maybe not but thats what ears told me.

Wow, I really like the string only section that starts in the middle of the work. Great change and a needed pause from the harpsichord. Beautiful string writing!

Your music always puts a "smirk" on my face!

Michael
    Thanks for your nice message, Mr. Michael. It's appreciated.

Regards,

Larry
    Larry G. Alexander
    www.alexandermusic.com

Quote Originally Posted by DDW
    I wasn't on board here when you first posted this, Larry, so I'm glad you did a bit of a "redo" to post again. I absolutely loved the frenetic energy with which you infused this piece and -- as Michael mentioned above -- the string writing is really, really effective. I admire your wonderful talent and prolificness!

Danny
    I'm pleased that you like "Animato", Mr. Danny. Thanks very much.

Regards,

Larry
    Larry G. Alexander
    www.alexandermusic.com

Larry:
    As usual, you've done it again. I'm running out of superlative expletives for your vast storeroom of creativity.
    I liked the tonal shift ca. midway through and I preferred the Harpsichord to the Piano (just a personal thing.)
    I'd encourage you to keep writing but that would be redundant because "you" and "keep writing" mean the same thing.

sos

Quote Originally Posted by sosmus
    Larry:
    As usual, you've done it again. I'm running out of superlative expletives for your vast storeroom of creativity.
    I liked the tonal shift ca. midway through and I preferred the Harpsichord to the Piano (just a personal thing.)
    I'd encourage you to keep writing but that would be redundant because "you" and "keep writing" mean the same thing.

sos
    They're going to have to pry my cold, dead hands from my music computer, Mr. Steve.

Your comments mean a lot to me. Thanks very much.

My best,

Larry
    Larry G. Alexander
    www.alexandermusic.com

Larry

I listened to the Piano version first and I will be honest. About halfway thru I went ho-hum. Then I went to the Harpsichord version and got blown away!!!

This piece just goes ballistic and soars away with the Harpsichord. The string interlude is delightful. Part of it I'm sure is in the mix, but it is also because of the instrumentation.

Well done

Ron

Quote Originally Posted by rolifer
    Larry

I listened to the Piano version first and I will be honest. About halfway thru I went ho-hum. Then I went to the Harpsichord version and got blown away!!!

This piece just goes ballistic and soars away with the Harpsichord. The string interlude is delightful. Part of it I'm sure is in the mix, but it is also because of the instrumentation.

Well done

Ron
    Thank you, Maryland Dude.

Regards,

Larry
    Larry G. Alexander
    www.alexandermusic.com

I remember this one.

I was going to listen to the piano version but then I remembered you have a gift for great harpsichord music and I was correct.

Phil

Go Back to forum
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast