• Register
  • Help
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Topic: Golden Age Overture (radio drama)

Golden Age Overture (radio drama)

Hello everyone! It has been a while since I posted anything here, so I figured I would start again with the latest project I've been working on. It is an epic LOTR-esque radio fantasy called Golden Age, which will be broadcast throughout the UK. Being that there is no video, the audio and music has to carry all the weight, so I spent extra care to produce something that sounded decent, let me know what y'all think!

This track utilizes GPO strings & flutes mixed in with other stuff, and also the Garritan Stradivari Solo Violin, which is my first real use of that wonderful instrument, albeit in limited doses, but it is actually mixed in quite a bit with the rest of the string sections for extra depth. Thanks for reading!

Re: Golden Age Overture (radio drama)

WoW! Master work! This is a wonderful composition beautifully rendered. Outstanding work. I look forward to hearing more of your compositions.
    --gary shannon
    Spooks! - The Movie

great sound, great composing, great work

Hat trick

Well done

Within 5 minutes your work embodied every great cinematic moment I've experienced since childhood. I think this is the fist piece in the forum to give me chills while listening. Your a true master craftsman at the theatrical. Great work!

"...Wiktor's a Jekyll-Hyde personality..." - Lycos Music

Thank you all for the nice comments! And sorry for the filesize, as it is quite minimally compressed lol

Hello, Sam

I just refreshed my memory on your earlier posts - Since I've been a member here, you've posted one piece, "Ghost Harmony" which I was very impressed with when I heard it last December.

This is such a great project - Thanks for telling us what it's been composed for. Old fashioned audio only drama--that's great! Maybe this sort of program is more common in the UK?

It's an expertly done sound track - solid themes and orchestration along with top quality recording. Exciting stuff!

Thanks for coming back to show us what you've been up to.

Randy B.

Beautifully done! The piece captures the cinematic bravura quality, and the rendering is outstanding. Please post more often!
    Ron Pearl

"Golden" it is. Excellent use of instruments. Great climactic
    passages and horns that "really" play. Awesome horn work.

You use of percussion enhances and enriches so many
    parts of this piece. Can't comment on this enough, but
    suffice it to say, "outstanding."

Yes, I will readily agree that this offering is of EPIC PROPORTION.
    Was surprised at the abrupt ending. Wanted it to build more and
    sustain for awhile, but that's a small point.

BRAVO, Sam

Jack Cannon--Toshiba laptop, 2.8 GHz CPU, 1.5 GB RAM, GPO4-JABB3-Auth. STEINWAY-Gofriller CELLO-Stradivari VIOLIN-COMB2-WORLD, FINALE 2009/11, RME Digiface, Cardbus, V-Stack---Mac Pro 2.66 GHz CPU, 8 GB RAM, DP 8, MOTU Traveler, MOTU Micro Express.--MacBook Pro 2.2 Ghz CPU, 8 GB RAM.

Wilton, NH

This is great, both the writing and the final sound. It does have that “epic film” sound to it without the Hollywood clichés. I hope you are going to post more scenes – I really enjoyed this and would like to hear more.
    Trent P. McDonald

Penfield (Rochester), NY

There are so many words that could describe this work; epic, wide-screen, dramatic.......I think they all belong to it. Fantastic writing and production. thanks for sharing it here.

Go Back to forum
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast