• Register
  • Help

Topic: KONTAKT 3.01 some feedback needed.

Share/Bookmark

KONTAKT 3.01 some feedback needed.

Hi,

It would be great to get some feedback regarding how Kontakt 3.01 is behaving on Intel Macs, running OSX Tiger (10.4.10) ?

i.e. does it play K2 programs without any issues ? stability, performance, ..etc. ?

Plus, some some additional feedback from Kontakt 3.01 users working with EWQLSO Plat. Pro Exp. on the Intel Mac Pro, regarding the release tail issue, (it played only the release tail, instead of the main samples in version 3.0) has this bug been fixed in 3.01 ?

Thanks.

Re: KONTAKT 3.01 some feedback needed.

suggest you check the Native Instruments forum. Some things are working but enough problems have been reported so that I am staying with Kontakt 2 for the forseeable future.

In fact, I am not sure why one would upgrade, since Kontakt 3 is not 64 bit.
    Kind regards,

John
    www.johngrahammusic.com

I got a confirmation from the Konatkt NI forums,that the release tails issue is fixed in Kontakt 3.01, so no more problems with playing EWQLSO Plat. Pro Exp. (That's Great) !

I'm looking forward to using Kontakt 3.01 with EWQLSO Plat. Pro Exp, and many other Kompakt/Kontakt based libraries. I think it has quite a bit of additional improvements in workflow, and editng features over K2, this is one of the reasons I'm planning to work with K3 instead of K2. Plus, it seems to be able to play K2, K1.5, and K1.0 version programs, so I don't see the reason not to upgrade from K2 to K3 (which I already did).

I have never used Kontakt, and have both K2 (which I never used), I upgraded from K2 to K3, which I will be installing on a brand new Mac Pro 8 core. So, hopefully it will work fine. K3 is supposed to be Leopard compatible at this time, (not 64 bit yet, but I'm sure it will become 64 bit in the near future), but it will work as a 32 bit application, plus, I'm not ready for Leopard yet, so that will have to wait another month or two.

Cheers.

Quote Originally Posted by muziksculp
    hopefully it will work fine. K3 is supposed to be Leopard compatible at this time, Cheers.
    You owe it to yourself to check the NI and (if you are using Digital Performer) Motu-mac site on Yahoo. Leopard and K3 are NOT settled in on some platforms. Sonar users in particular are apparently having fits with K3.

Kontakt 2.2.3 is working fine on Intel Pro Quad Macs. The Motu-mac board has comments on Leopard and Digital Performer, and on K3 generally.
    Kind regards,

John
    www.johngrahammusic.com

Is kontakt 3 working with Cubase 4?

I have been using Kontakt 3.01 with Cubase 4 for several weeks without incident. I think both recent updates have eliminated a lot of the idiosyncratic glitches that were being reported with their first releases. I'll repost if I encounter any issues. But, atleast for now, I am finding both solid and trouble free on my 2 GB PC (Athlon 64).

Quote Originally Posted by RobertTewes
    I have been using Kontakt 3.01 with Cubase 4 for several weeks without incident. I think both recent updates have eliminated a lot of the idiosyncratic glitches that were being reported with their first releases. I'll repost if I encounter any issues. But, atleast for now, I am finding both solid and trouble free on my 2 GB PC (Athlon 64).
    Same here
    "Music is the shorthand of emotion." Leo Tolstoy

Listen to me, tuning my triangle http://www.box.net/shared/ae822u6r3i

Go Back to forum