• Register
  • Help
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Topic: anyone got Sonar 6, KP2 and Kontakt 2 working?

Share/Bookmark

anyone got Sonar 6, KP2 and Kontakt 2 working?

I'm trying again to wean myself off Cubase VST and onto Sonar. I can load GPO Kontakt Player 2 (2.2.3) and load Kontakt 2 into Sonar 6 and all seems well, but if I save, close down and later try to open the song (cwp file) with both in, Sonar just hangs while opening the song. If EITHER Kontakt 2 OR GPO Kontakt Player 2 are in the synth rack, the song opens fine, its just when they are both together it is no go.

Does anyone have this combination working (I would have thought it quite common among GPO Users) and if so, did you have to do anything to get it to work? Im on PC with XP by the way (singleprocessor)?

Re: anyone got Sonar 6, KP2 and Kontakt 2 working?

Not being familiar with Sonar, I was loading the DXi versions of both of these. When however loading them as VSTi then the project loads up fine - problems solved for me!

It works fine on my system with Sonar 6.2.1. It sounds like you have a corrupted project. Do you have Kontakt 2.2.3 that your loading? Make sure you have the latest version. You could also try to load the GPO instruments in Kontakt 2.2.3 instead of the player.

Jim

Thanks Haydn. I thought about the 'corrupt' file thing - but this problem happens on any file where I load both KP2 and K2 together. I can set them up, play away, save, but can never reopen. Thankfully choosing VSTi instead of DXi has meant I can carry on working now though.

I only use the VSTi version as there has been and still is a tempo change bug in the DXi version.

Jim

Quote Originally Posted by Haydn
    I only use the VSTi version as there has been and still is a tempo change bug in the DXi version.

Jim
    Sure about that? I only use the DXi and haven't come upon the bug lately.

Nickie,

Maybe they finally fixed it. It was still there the last time I accidently loaded in the DXi version which was only a few months ago.

Jim

Jim,

I have heard the "DXi" they provide these days is not a true DXi but rather a wrapped up VSTi. I am not sure if this only pertains to K3 or if it also covers the latest K2 version (2.2.3). Maybe they fixed the DXi bug this way?

Btw, I only use K2. I don't see a reason to use KP2. Maybe their DXi's behave differently?

Or maybe I have just been plain lucky

K2 and KP2 engine are the same now. It would make sense if they are using a wrapped VSTi. Kontakt 3 doesn't have a DXi version. I have only been using K2 lately to simplify my setup.

BTWl, I don't plan to upgrade to Kontakt 3 unless they come out with an x64 version. I've been using a couple x64 plugins with Sonar in Windows XP x64 and I like the extra RAM available.

Jim

BTWl, I don't plan to upgrade to Kontakt 3 unless they come out with an x64 version.
    Same here. The lack of 64 bit support was a major disappointment. The only thing that might sway me is the doubling of zones, an instrument can hold - the 4096 zones limit is a PITA with large instruments - but certainly not until the beast is stable.

I've been using a couple x64 plugins with Sonar in Windows XP x64 and I like the extra RAM available.

Jim
    I suppose you use K2 with BitBridge then. How much can you load in K2? As far as I know the limit is 4 GB for all x32 plugins combined. Then in theory you should be able to load 4 GB in K(P)2, if this is the only x32 plugin you use. Maybe it is possible to load 4 GB in K2 + 4 GB in K2 hosted by Bidule in ReWire mode? Would be neat.

Go Back to forum