• Register
  • Help
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Topic: Daylight Savings Time = an Extra Hour of Sleep

Share/Bookmark

Daylight Savings Time = an Extra Hour of Sleep

Daylight Savings Time Change 1.0: Fall Back

Tonight's the night to set your clocks back an hour before you go to bed.

Not sure why we do this. Sounds like it's something thought up by clock manufactuers and politicians. I don't get it. Why set your clocks forward only to set them back again? A conspiracy?
    And it used to be we did this in October sometime but that has changed recently. Hmm...why??

The law maybe should change. Setting a clock ahead is easy, but setting them back is much more difficult. Try it and you'll see. Perhaps we should keep the Spring setting as it is now, but for Fall set our clocks 23 hours ahead instead. Could make all the difference.

Remember to adjust your circadian clock too. Hopefully you'll get that extra hour of sleep.

And don't forget the set your clocks so you get to chat tomorrow at the right time.

Gary Garritan

Re: Daylight Savings Time = an Extra Hour of Sleep

I have a feeling that many people will show up an hour early for the chat. Luckily, those of use that depend on our computer's clocks will be fine (if you enabled Daylight Savings, that is ).
    Colton J. Provias
    Film Score Composer, Location Sound Mixer, and Sound Editor
    Full-stack Web Developer

Twice a year we get jet lag without traveling anywhere. It's madness, I tell you.
    --gary shannon
    Spooks! - The Movie

I'm glad we don't have daylight savings time here in Arizona. The rest of the world is screwed up!

Jim

I love the summertime, when we are sitting in a garden at 21.00 and the sun give us her last sunshine....

Gunther
    "Music is the shorthand of emotion." Leo Tolstoy

Listen to me, tuning my triangle http://www.box.net/shared/ae822u6r3i

I agree it's a conspiracy, but it's important that you alternate, go forward, go back, go forward, go back. If you lose track and go the same direction twice then they got you right where they want.

--all hearkening back to when it was thought helpful to give farmers a better break with the amount of sunlight in which to labor.

There ya go - And maybe it still helps the stalwart souls who still farm in this country. ---Now, about our leader who dictated the change in date for re-setting the clock--wellll, he seems to like to dictate all sorts of things now doesn't he?

Droll Randy B.
    (rbowser)

Quote Originally Posted by rbowser
    Now, about our leader who dictated the change in date for re-setting the clock--wellll, he seems to like to dictate all sorts of things now doesn't he?
    LOL. You must be referring to the way he seems to be dictating that the world must embrace democracy, or he will force them to.

Over here I believe the historical reason for daylight saving is also farming. But the reason we can't get rid of it (and it has been put forward a few times) is apparently that it would leave children walking home from school in the dark, thus raising the number of them who are killed. This strikes me as rather silly. I watch the pupils from my own school 'swarming' across the town each evening and, frankly, the dark can only hamper most of the downright stupid behaviours they get up to which lead to them suddenly stepping into the road.

Quote Originally Posted by fiziwig
    Twice a year we get jet lag without traveling anywhere. It's madness, I tell you.

... at least you don't have to pay a ticket for it......

Raymond

Quote Originally Posted by Garritan
    Perhaps we should keep the Spring setting as it is now, but for Fall set our clocks 23 hours ahead instead. Could make all the difference.
    NO! That would make this Monday morning and I'd have to go back to work after a one day weekend. And actually, an hour-short one-day-weekend at that.
    Trent P. McDonald

Go Back to forum