• Register
  • Help

Topic: ducking delay in RMX?

Share/Bookmark

Question ducking delay in RMX?

Would anyone know how to set this up? Preferably using RMX's own internal effects, working in Logic Pro? Perhaps it would involve the dark magic of sidechaining....?!? ;-)

What I want to do is have the delay only come in at the end of the phrase/groove. Of course I could bounce it to audio and just effect the end with Logic's own delays and automation, but it would be nice and perhaps more convenient to do it all within RMX.

Thanks for any help/ideas!

Nigel

Re: ducking delay in RMX?

Hi. If I understand your question, you can do this with MIDI Learn. Just assign the send to the delay to any MIDI controller and you can automate it as you need.

Hope that helps.

TS

Or perhaps an edit group........
    Tim

Quote Originally Posted by bimberl
    Hi. If I understand your question, you can do this with MIDI Learn. Just assign the send to the delay to any MIDI controller and you can automate it as you need.

Hope that helps.

TS
    Hi, thanks, yes that's a possibilty, but it's a kind of workaround....a true "ducking delay" would be where the delay level (the effect return) is governed by the original signal: that means, when the signal is present, you don't hear the delay, but when the signal stops, the delay comes in. That gives you a nice, clean dry signal, with the delay tail being heard only at the end.

And, with a true ducking delay, there's nothing to automate-that's what I'd like, ideally ;-)

Thanks

Nigel

Go Back to forum