Tiny ROM and RAM, but somehow I'm loving it, partly because of the good 76 key weighted keyboard. Many other limitations, such as short loops on the piano sounds and 32 event polyphony. Some static on the piano samples. 16 bit piano samples. (A big new thing in 1993.)

Vel to sample start, filter frq cutoff, etc
24 velocity layers if you stack tracks.
A separate hammer thump sample. (I'm easily excited.)
Good envelopes for pitch, amp, and filters
Loud resonant Ensoniq piano samples
Good filters that don't muddy the overall sound
Great organs

And a feature that I've so far only found on hardware synths\samplers: Note decay after restrike. Lets you control how long a note will last after the same note is struck again. Makes a big difference in pianos (where a new hammer strike doesn't instantly kill the sounding string, and where the rattle and other tranients aren't killed by a new strike) and string samples (where a slow attack may be needed, and you don't want a new strike to immediately stop a sustained note as soon as you play it again).

I think of this keyboard as a way to challenge my skills. Very different from working with huge sample collections, but I'm getting good results. I can't claim to have a sound as good as most of my software pianos, but I'm getting a believable piano that I play by just turning on the keyboard. Great for late night playing when I really don't want to boot up Windows...Of course, what I really want is a machine like this that has Wusik or something with as much control on it, with a huge hard drive attached and several gigs of ROM and RAM...Can't afford the Open Labs' neko.

Anyone else exploring old hardware these days?