• Register
  • Help

Topic: Help With Ethernet/Midi Over Lan

Share/Bookmark

Help With Ethernet/Midi Over Lan

I am trying to get my Vision Daw PC running Kontakt to communicate with my MacPro running Pro Tools. When I connect the two with an Ethernet cable, the VisionDaw says limited or no access, even though they both appear on the network and there is some midi signals getting through when I test them.

I think it is a configuration problem with the networking that is a bit over my head.

Can anyone help me out??

Thanks

Paul
    "International Award Winning Arabic Fusion"
    www.ajmusiconline.com

2xMac Pro 2.66, OS 10.4.9,Pro Tools 7.4.8,Waves Plat,Altiverb
    4xVisionDaw PC,NI Komplete, All Play 1.2.5 Libraries

Re: Help With Ethernet/Midi Over Lan

Paul:

If this is of any help, my PC running GigaStudio tells me the same thing, but I am having no problem with the MIDI going to my Mac through DP and Logic to the PC. All works great! I just ignore the message (like most messages I get from Windows).

Peace

rikp

I have a workaround for this: use user defined static IP-addresses. And make sure that both computers share same workgroup.

Use IPs something like 10.0.0.X, where X is computer's own number. It can be anything between 1-99.

I don't connect my work computers to internet so this setup is good for me. Problems may arise if the computer needs internet access and service provider's dynamic IPs.

But as said before, Limited or no access doesn't necessarily mean that line is complitely down. I've used MidiOverLAN with "limited" connection.
    Passion for Sound
    http://www.soundreel.com

Ah, that is good to know. Thanks.

I will continue on to see if I can get it to work.

Paul
    "International Award Winning Arabic Fusion"
    www.ajmusiconline.com

2xMac Pro 2.66, OS 10.4.9,Pro Tools 7.4.8,Waves Plat,Altiverb
    4xVisionDaw PC,NI Komplete, All Play 1.2.5 Libraries

Go Back to forum