• Register
  • Help

Topic: do I need a notation program or not

Share/Bookmark

do I need a notation program or not

I have just started doing some simple string and at times some brass and woodwinds but for the most part string arrangements. these will be for vocal backup mostly. Maybe some lead parts on intros. THe tracs I am doing are mostly southern gospel and country style. Usually keyboard, bass. drums, rhy guitar and lead and steel guitar. I play well by ear so I would like to lay down a lead line and be able to see what I play and go back and play harmony with it or lay down a pad or counterpoint parts. I also want to be able to see each part I play. I use nuendo but have been thinking about using sonar for this. Would either of these have the capabilities to do this or would I be better off buying a dedicated notation program like finale. If so what would be the best program. I probably wont be doing more than five or six parts

I just need a acurate score of each part I play,

Jeff

Re: do I need a notation program or not

For your needs, I think Finale's inexpensive sibling PrintMusic would probably suffice. Only $69, I think.
    Dan Powers
    www.danielpowers.info

"It's easier to be a composer than it is to compose."
    --Ray Luke (1928-2010)

Quote Originally Posted by Jeff4h
    I use nuendo
    Cubase has serviceable notation capabilities, built-in...

I've read that there is a "Nuendo Expension Kit" incorporating advanced notation capabilities, but I wonder whether Nuendo, on its own, has something similar to Cubase's Score Editor?

— alanb

http://alanb.org

http://www.myspace.com/arsperspicuus

Quote Originally Posted by alanb
    Cubase has serviceable notation capabilities, built-in...

I've read that there is a "Nuendo Expension Kit" incorporating advanced notation capabilities, but I wonder whether Nuendo, on its own, has something similar to Cubase's Score Editor?

Nuendo 3 has exactly the same Score Editor as Cubase. However, this was removed in N4, hence the "expansion" kit. :>(

D

Go Back to forum