• Register
  • Help
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Topic: My temporary absence

Share/Bookmark

My temporary absence

Some of you may have noticed that I have not been participating and posting responses to questions recently. That is because I have taken a break from the forum to concentrate on some very pressing Garritan deadlines. It's not that I'm ignoring any questions, it's that I don't see them. This absence will continue for some time to come. If you have specific urgent technical questions not adequately answered by the very able users on this forum please address them directly to Gary. He will notify me if there is a question that needs my attention. As soon as the workload lets up I will be back as a contributor to this forum.

Tom

Re: My temporary absence

I thought so, you were busy with some obscure but necessary activities.....

Raymond

Quote Originally Posted by Tom Hopkins
    Some of you may have noticed that I have not been participating and posting responses to questions recently. That is because I have taken a break from the forum to concentrate on some very pressing Garritan deadlines.
    Really? I thought you were in jail. You sure you haven't developed a striped suntan lately?

It's ok Tom, we will direct all our questions to Nickie Fønshauge until you are released.

Sorry, you're required to summit a signed legal release form from the forum by Dr. G. Britannic. Please abide to company rules concerning absences, tardiness, and illegal basting of the turkey before thanksgiving.
    Your attention in this matter is required before noon tomorrow no later than five AM the following Friday of the following month on the first of the year during washboard festival of the popcorn candy coated peanuts, peanuts and a prize following the birth of Santa's next reindeer after carnival.
    Please submit the proper form on Wednesday the 5th of September 4004.

See you then.

Absence! Indeed ...
    Styxx

Quote Originally Posted by Leaf
    It's ok Tom, we will direct all our questions to Nickie Fønshauge until you are released.
    Just wondering: does the salary go the same way?

Quote Originally Posted by Nickie Fønshauge
    Just wondering: does the salary go the same way?
    You're joking ... right?
    Styxx

Quote Originally Posted by Styxx
    You're joking ... right?
    Who, me? Nooooooo I have no sense of humor. And I am a liar too

Who needs money?!?!?!

Raymond

That was cool for you to check in with us, Tom. Most of us know you're one of the busiest guys on the planet. We'll just be happy when you're able to hang out here in the Forum again.

Meanwhile, Raymond asks "Who needs money?!?!?!" - Certainly not the vast majority of musicians and composers who never see more than token monetary compensation for their work. It's like with most of my theatre friends - when something is done for the love of it, one just Has to do it.

And so - soldier forth all, and best of luck with all your tasks at hand, Tom.

Randy B.
    (rbowser)

Go Back to forum