• Register
  • Help
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Topic: Ols G-Town freebie samples

Share/Bookmark

Old G-Town freebie samples

I had a bunch of old free samples given away by G_Town and Project SAM, some have become corrupted. Does anyone here have the timpani samples (I believe they were SAM samples) they would be willing to email me?

Thanks,

Mike

Re: Ols G-Town freebie samples

Hi Mike:

See if this link helps you:

http://www.projectsam.com/freesounds.html

Hi Mike,
    I think I still have the original SAM freebies. Could you just check with someone at Project SAM whether they mind me sending them (I wouldn't imagine they will, but they do now have commercial products that superceded the freebie) and PM me. I'll work on finding my backups, and somewhere to post it.

Hey Pingu,

I wrote to Martin (he heads up Project SAM) to see if he would send me that old file, but haven't heard from him yet. I will also write asking if there is a problem with your sharing that old file with me. I doubt it'll be a problem as it is NOT part of the commercial set and I have been a great customer of their's for years! I need that particular file because I had done several projects using it years ago and without it, I"M SUNK!

I'll be in touch.

Thanks,

Mike

Quote Originally Posted by Pingu
    Hi Mike,
    I think I still have the original SAM freebies. Could you just check with someone at Project SAM whether they mind me sending them (I wouldn't imagine they will, but they do now have commercial products that superceded the freebie) and PM me. I'll work on finding my backups, and somewhere to post it.

ddarwin7 - I had already looked through those files and they do not contain the timp file anymore. Thank you anyway.

Mike

Quote Originally Posted by ddarwin7
    Hi Mike:

See if this link helps you:

http://www.projectsam.com/freesounds.html

As far as the G-town stuff, there was a NS thread 2 yrs ago mentioning it was available as a torrent DL on legaltorrents. The link the thread gives is http://www.legaltorrents.com/bit/g-t...es-gig.torrent
    and a wav version
    http://www.legaltorrents.com/bit/g-t...es-wav.torrent

The main site says its being rebuilt.

Jeff

Thanks to everyone who replied to this thread. I got the file and am very grateful.

Mike

Those were the days...

Maarten Spruijt and Tobias Marberger are now working as serious pros, so I can imagine these older projects are no longer on their agenda...

But I guess they have no objections about sharing the old freebies.

I am still using Tob's free church "stomps", that were even used by Danny Elfman on The Hulk's score (!!!).

(in the tracks Riding out at Dawn, Aquila and Lost Legion on my website)

Best,

Peter
    Last edited by PeterRoos; 11-16-2007 at 07:09 PM.

Peter,

You're right - I have been in touch with Maarten and he has no problem with people sharing those old files. A very generous guy, that Maarten! :-)

Mike

Quote Originally Posted by PeterRoos
    Those were the days...

Maarten Spruijt and Tobias Marberger are now working as serious pros, so I can imagine these older projects are no longer on their agenda...

But I guess they have no objections about sharing the old freebies.

I am still using Tob's free church "stomps", that were even used by Danny Elfman on The Hulk's score (!!!).

(in the tracks Riding out at Dawn, Aquila and Lost Legion on my website)

Best,

Peter

Go Back to forum