• Register
  • Help

Topic: May I just say....

Share/Bookmark

May I just say....

...I still cant believe what an incredible tool RMX is. This is exactly the type of thing that would have never interested me 5 years ago and now I dont know how I would function without it. I just bought ethno and liquid sage expanders and I just cant believe how much fun it is to build grooves. Groove elements are the bomb. And then there's the whole sound menu thing. Freaking unbelievable. Thanks so much Eric. No hurry on future products because I cant get past the groove menus long enough to learn the rest of RMX. Cheers.

Eric

Re: May I just say....

an enthusiastic +1

I will also 3rd that LOL... I have not managed to fully explore it yet and I have had it for a few months....

Simon
    www.sounds-and-images.co.uk

And now also at Flickr!

http://flickr.com/photos/sounds-and-images/

www.myspace.com/simonfielder

NorthernSounds.NET.
    View Simon Fielder's Profile at NorthernSounds.net

Quote Originally Posted by SimonF
    ... I have not managed to fully explore it yet and I have had it for a few months....

Simon
    Yeah - I feel I'm still in the same boat - and I've had it for years!

It's not for a lack of spending time exploring it - I use it almost daily. I still find a plesant surprise in it from time to time. And I still go through a tutorial video (or two) every once in a while just to remind myself to try some other tricks & things I don't already do regularly.

I was without mine for a couple months trying to re-install. Just didn't have it in me to use any of the other drum programs I own. And like the OP, I never even considered owning anything with groove in the title. Now I just can't do a song without RMX setting the groove. That Eric was a genius with Roland, but who woulda thunk he could get this much better.
    -Rajay
    Sonar6PE,GS3Orch,GVI,Reason3.0,Batt.3,StylusRMX w/Exp,Trilogy,B4ll,VGuitar2,TranslatorPro,CoolEditPr o2.1, K2500XL,2xIBMM51P4530HT/80GBSATA/3GBDDR/350watts,2xWD149GBFW,Delta1010,MidiTimepieceAV,2x1 604,20/20,on & on..........

Yeah, just to show how useful RMX (& Atmosphere) has been to me I just bought Trilogy (even though I don't really need it) and the rest of Spectra's expanders I still don't own (Retrofunk & Metamorph). BTW, if you don't have Backbeat exp yet, make sure you get it!

Quote Originally Posted by Sergievsky
    Yeah, just to show how useful RMX (& Atmosphere) has been to me I just bought Trilogy (even though I don't really need it) and the rest of Spectra's expanders I still don't own (Retrofunk & Metamorph). BTW, if you don't have Backbeat exp yet, make sure you get it!
    That was the first one I got. That and Liquid Grooves. Both are awesome. And to think, I really loved my Battery 3 until RMX came along and took my love. Although I've had it several months, I'm really just getting into manipulating each note of the grooves and building with the slice mode. With most other programs it's like doing it the old way and moving each hit to create a feel. With RMX, there are so many ways to create different feels with just a click. Devine!
    -Rajay
    Sonar6PE,GS3Orch,GVI,Reason3.0,Batt.3,StylusRMX w/Exp,Trilogy,B4ll,VGuitar2,TranslatorPro,CoolEditPr o2.1, K2500XL,2xIBMM51P4530HT/80GBSATA/3GBDDR/350watts,2xWD149GBFW,Delta1010,MidiTimepieceAV,2x1 604,20/20,on & on..........

I hear it on TV constantly and still hope that I will get the chance to do something for TV with it.

If your in the UK and watch spooks it was there almost all the way through last night.
    http://www.bbc.co.uk/drama/spooks/

I love Atmosphere and find myself just playing .....

Simon
    www.sounds-and-images.co.uk

And now also at Flickr!

http://flickr.com/photos/sounds-and-images/

www.myspace.com/simonfielder

NorthernSounds.NET.
    View Simon Fielder's Profile at NorthernSounds.net

Go Back to forum