• Register
  • Help

Topic: Someone with LP8 PLEASE HELP

Share/Bookmark

Unhappy Someone with LP8 PLEASE HELP

hey guys, i just had a minor crisis. i've been working on a piece on and off for a while now and just when i thought Logic 8 was doing fine it crashed on me. that in itself would be no biggie, but now every time i try to reopen that one file it crashes again. i have earlier versions saved that open completely fine, and the one saved before that is identical besides for the last 10 seconds or so. the big problem is that those last 10 seconds are the start of my big ending, and i honestly don't know if i can remember it to rewrite it. so....
    what i am asking is if anyone with Logic Pro 8 would try opening my file and seeing if it opens. i have 10.4, so maybe someone with leopard might have better luck, if anyone is willing please let me know and i will be forever in your debt. thanks.
    -Keith Fuller

http://keithfullermusic.com
    ---
    iMac Quad i7 * MacBook Pro * Logic Studio 9 * WD 320GB & 1TB Externals@7,200RPM * Presonus Firebox * M-Audio Axiom 25 & Keystation 61 * Rode NT1-A * Epiphone Hollowbody * Fender Amp * KRK Rokit 8's

Re: Someone with LP8 PLEASE HELP

Email me:

jeremy.saenz@gmail.com
    I won't be able to do it for another half hour, but I can try!

thank you soooo much, i just sent it, but it might take a few minutes seeing as its a large file. i'll be keeping my fingers crossed.
    -Keith Fuller

---
    iMac Quad i7 * MacBook Pro * Logic Studio 9 * WD 320GB & 1TB Externals@7,200RPM * Presonus Firebox * M-Audio Axiom 25 & Keystation 61 * Rode NT1-A * Epiphone Hollowbody * Fender Amp * KRK Rokit 8's

Ahhh. Easy fix!!! Now that I see the file, Just ctrl-click the crashed file, select "show package contents", go into the folder, and delete the "displayState" file. You will lose your screensets, but you won't have anymore crashes.

Be sure to tell more people to submit their files for the radio
    I'm looking forward to hearing this one.

God Bless,

Jeremy

oh my goodness. you have absolutely no idea how happy you just made me. its 3:30 in the morning here right now and i've been up since 1:30 messing with this going on logic forums, looking up troubleshooting, email apple. i was literally devastated that i lost what i was working on. it wasn't just the ending that i lost, there were tons of small editing things all throughout. anyway, i owe you a big one. thank you a million times.

(same as the email, but i posted it here so everyone knew that it worked)

thanks again. seriously, thanks.
    -Keith Fuller

---

Go Back to forum