• Register
  • Help

Topic: Oh My God!!! Look At This!!!!!!

Share/Bookmark

Exclamation Oh My God!!! Look At This!!!!!!

Now that I've got your attention I would like some help with KP2.

I'm trying to load a bunch of GPO instruments into the program to have them play up a piece which only had MIDIs before. The problem is that these groups of channels (or whatever you'd call them) only fill 16 intruments each, and I have 26 different instruments to load up. Thusly, the next sequence of 16 channels is filling up, but when I'm trying to play up the piece in Finale, I only hear the instruments on channel 1-16. Why? Do I have to do anything to "activate" this next sequence of channels or what?

Please help, how am I suppost to compose my "Sinfonia Pomposa" without...

The grandest orchestra ever seen!! [evil laughter]
    Regards Danial Zainali
    ___
    Reinvent powdered wigs!

Re: Oh My God!!! Look At This!!!!!!

Oh my god! Felixissimo, I'm looking at this!...
    The first thing you have to do is to change the gropus to groups... ... "Riso Sonoro"...

Hi, Felix

To keep loading instruments, keeping them each on a discrete audio channel, you need to keep loading more instances of Kontact.

Actually 12 instruments is the limit if you want them each to stay on separate audio channels, because the last 4 channels in an instance of Kontact are dedicated to being buses. Load 12 instruments in the first instance of KP2, then move to a second instance for the next 12 - then in the case of your current project, you'll need a 3rd instance of KP2 with 2 more instruments in it.

Supposedly KP2 can hold up to 64 instruments. I haven't tried that, because I don't want to double instruments up on audio outputs. If you want to stick with a single instance of KP2, after you've loaded the first 12 instruments, making sure that you're clicking on the instrument's info to direct it to the audio channel you want - then you'll have to start doubling up instruments, 2 and sometimes 3 on the same audio channel--NOT the same MIDI channel, of course.

Randy B.
    (rbowser)

Quote Originally Posted by sunbird
    Oh my god! Felixissimo, I'm looking at this!...
    The first thing you have to do is to change the gropus to groups... ... "Riso Sonoro"...
    Ohh, Haaa, haaaa... excuuuuse me...
    _____
    And you mr. Rbowser thanks, think I should get it working now
    Regards Danial Zainali
    ___
    Reinvent powdered wigs!

Go Back to forum