• Register
  • Help
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Topic: First youtube video

Share/Bookmark

Smile First youtube video

Hi, here's my first youtube video http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dJVv_C8P4Jo

please feel free to comment.
    Sincerely,
    Falcon1

icelandphotoblog.com
    my cafepress store
    my fine art print store
    my music store

Please support your fellow musician from Iceland where the currency has fallen 70% against USD and 90% against EURO! Every dollar or euro counts!

Re: First youtube video

I loved it. I hope you are going to do more!

Very nice! Your Joy to the World sounds fantastic.

I like the font you used and like the look of the gold font but they are kinda hard to read.

I think to make text stand out more, they should either be a cool color against a warm background or warm color against a cool background...

since the background is made mostly of warm colors, it may make it contrast more if the black outline of the letters were cooled by introducing blue into it, which would change the warm black to cool black or a dark puplish brown... but i don't know if that would work since the bulk of the letter remains gold.

But overall, besides that, it has a great look and excellent sound.

David

Thumbs up Re: First youtube video

Hey Falcon,
    I just posted a comment on YouTube. Really, really nice work. I especially like the big ending with the organ going all out with the other instruments. I also enjoyed the artwork along with the song.

-Kevin
    We are the music makers, we are the dreamers of dreams …
    24" 2.4 Ghz iMac, OSX 10.4.10, MOTU 828 MKII, 2 Glyph 250 Gig external drives, Logic 9, Finale 2008 GPO, JABB, Strad, Gro, Reason 4, EWQL Storm Drum, Adrenaline, Symphonic Choirs, SO Gold,All Arturia Synths, Many NI Synths, Spectrasonics Synths, KH Strings, VEPro on a Windows 7 4x 2.8 Ghz 12 gig of RAM

Lovely! I love the flutes.
    Regards Danial Zainali
    ___
    Reinvent powdered wigs!

The subject is great and I admire you having done this. But is NOT a videomovie, merely a powerpoint presentation with static images, which are conceiled by the texts.

Raymond

Cool Re: First youtube video

Thank you all for your kind comments!

Leaf, I will think about your tips regarding text in next video's

Raymond, no powerpoint was used or harmed!
    Sincerely,
    Falcon1

icelandphotoblog.com
    my cafepress store
    my fine art print store
    my music store

Please support your fellow musician from Iceland where the currency has fallen 70% against USD and 90% against EURO! Every dollar or euro counts!

Nice one, falcon!

Quote Originally Posted by falcon1
    Raymond, no powerpoint was used or harmed!
    I wasn't telling that it was made with powerpoint, but for a video it was too static. In my conception a video on YouTube is a short movie and things aren't moving in your presentation. Or it must be the subject AND the music.

Raymond - and I hate powerpoint!!

Well now, Falcon - That's quite a production! Devout in its tone and Huge in its production, I'm sure it should stir many a Christian heart, especially those of the Catholic persuasion.

The pretty font I also found a bit difficult to read. In Photo Shop (which you used?) a touch of diffused outer glow on the font would make the words more separate from the dark background paintings.

I'm not sure what our friend from The Hague is going on about - as if there's only One way a video should be done? The use of cross-dissolving to the various paintings looked great to me.

You should put this up in The Listening Room - if sufficient numbers of Garritan instruments were used.

Applause - I enjoyed this very much.

Randy B.
    (rbowser)

Go Back to forum