• Register
  • Help

Topic: How to import multi-disk library in GigaStudio 3.1

Share/Bookmark

How to import multi-disk library in GigaStudio 3.1

years ago, i got a bunch of libraries with my first gigastudio, some of which i didn't need at the time. tonight i need to install the "steinway b" library, which comes on 2 CDs, each of which contains a portion of the library.

the problem is that the instructions that come with the library are outdated; i can't even find some of the things described:

"open gigasampler. from the 'loader' panel, select 'disk manager,' choose 'add' to add a new gigaworkspace."

another section:

"open the 'import' tool in the 'loader panel, choose gigasampler multi disk format and hit the 'next' button.

in all these years, i've simply dragged files into my designated folder giga libraries, refresh the database, and keep working. but that isn't working.

the files are of the type "GI! File" (not normal .gig files), but this is an official "gigasound library" that came with my first giga machine.

does anyone know the current method for installing libraries of this type?

Re: How to import multi-disk library in GigaStudio 3.1

Try opening 2 instances of My Computer, and drag the files over to your content drive's location.

I did that w/ some old libraries also. Especially the " unknown format " Akai CD's that were suppose to work and never did.
    JimmyV

Re: How to import multi-disk library in GigaStudio 3.1

Quote Originally Posted by scope4live
    Try opening 2 instances of My Computer, and drag the files over to your content drive's location.

I did that w/ some old libraries also. Especially the " unknown format " Akai CD's that were suppose to work and never did.
    thanks for the suggestion. i had already dragged them over before posting here. getting the files onto the giga's drive wasn't the problem. the problem is that the giga doesn't *recognize* the files, because of their format, and the instructions on the old disk describe an import process that i can't find in giga 3.1.

i'm starting to wonder if that import feature has been removed (but i hope not).

Go Back to forum