• Register
  • Help
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Topic: OT: Heart Attack

OT: Heart Attack

Well...I guess we never can expect the unexpected. I just recently had a heart attack! I'm only 44 and I NEVER saw it coming. I've been ordered by the doctor to take it easy and not overdo it with anything. This happened a little over 2 weeks ago and I've just been released from the hospital after having MANY, MANY tests; I feel like a living pin cushion! Angeograms, sonigrams, stress tests, ultrasounds...geeze.

Thank God there was no permenant damage to any arteries or, my heart. After all the tests, the doctor's concluded that my blood pressure was "off the charts" as they put it and my stress level was so high, I was told I was lucky I didn't have a stroke! I am now taking blood pressure medicine and nitroglycerine pills at this point and so far, I feel better. Needless to say, I was told it was time to change jobs to a "less" stressful environment.

It was really strange, the way it happened. It was late, around 4 am and I had just laid down on the couch in my studio because I was feeling...tired. As soon as I laid down, I began to sweat. I felt my left hand and arm get all tingly and numb and then, a tightness in my chest. I was having trouble getting my breath, it was like someone was sitting on my chest. Well, at this point, I knew something was NOT right so I tried to sit up. I was so dizzy, I fell to the floor and barely had enough strength to call 911. Within a matter of just a few minutes, (at least, that's all it seemed to me) paramedics arrived, they had to break down my front door to get in! After that, everything is pretty much a blurr to me. All I remember is seeing a bright light and hearing voices, then, waking up in the hospital. Talk about something to put your life in perspective! Without a doubt, this has to be one of the most frightening, life changing experiences anyone could ever have.

So, be it by the grace of God, or the skillful hands of the parimedics, I am still here and have been given a second chance, and the most precious gift of all....LIFE.

I have missed everyone here on the forums and just thought I would update everyone with what has been happening in my life. As soon as I'm able, I will get back to composing because even though that has been my first love, I have a greater appreciation AND love for life itself now.

Jaker "Shaver"
    "A wrong note played timidly, is still a wrong note. A wrong note played with authority, is improvisation."

Re: OT: Heart Attack

Wow, quite a close call, Jaker.

Great to see you back with us. Or, I should say, still with us!

All my best,

Dallas, TX

Post Re: OT: Heart Attack

Wow, thank God you are OK Jaker, and like you said thank those doctors and their training.

..and glad those paramedics got that door busted down in time!

I will pray that you don't ever have to go through that again.

Stay well Jaker,

Hi Jaker,
    I'm so sorry that you went through that, and am so happy and relieved that there's no permanent damage. That's such good news! Yes, thank God!! Please do what you can to comply with the doctor recommendations of taking it easy and cutting back on the stress. If you need anything let us know.
    Take Care,

p.s. My dad had his 1st of many heart attacks when he was 39 years old, I know how scary it can be for the family when it happens when you're so young. You and your family will be in my prayers.

Man, a close call. Thankfully you are okay. We need your music AND your input so please take care of yourself. Health is the BIGGEST risk factor in the arts and few realize it.

I am so happy your story has a happy ending!

All the best,

Reber Clark
    In theory there is no difference between theory and practice, but in practice there is.

http://reberclark.blogspot.com http://reberclark.bandcamp.com http://www.youtube.com/reberclark

OMG! - Horrifying story - OH man it's so wonderful you're here to tell us about it, Jaker.

Take it eeeeeasy my man - Here, want another pillow? Here - how about this stool for your feet? Really--YOu CHILL, my friend!

Randy B.

Well...I guess we never can expect the unexpected.
    Yep! There is one fact of life that seems to be quite difficult to learn and accept: Anything can happen to anyone at anytime.

Shaver -

I can't even imagine how frightening it was to go through such a life-changing experience.

Thank God there was no permenant damage to any arteries or, my heart.
    It is, however, very heart-warming (no pun intended) and a relief to read that you have minimal damage to your heart and arteries.

I've been ordered by the doctor to take it easy and not overdo it with anything.
    I have just one request. Listen to your doctors (and your nurses, too! ; )!!

Our warm thoughts and prayers for you and your continued recovery.

Music and humor are healthy for the soul.

Glad you are ok, but sorry that you had to have such a scare. Better a wake-up call, though - whatever needs to change, change it! Then again, it could just be dumb bad luck. Glad you're still here to tell us about it!

Take good care, for now, and for a long time to come.

All the best,
    Ron Pearl

WOW Jaker!

I am very happy for you that you were taken care of.

As most others have said.. take it easy, and don't miss your meds.

Orcas Island

What a sobering experience and glad you're okay.

We often don't realize how fragile our lives are and how fortunate we are to live life on this planet.

You have much more music to share and good things to do.

Take good care,

Go Back to forum