• Register
  • Help

Topic: SOS from sos To Finale and Mac people:

Share/Bookmark

SOS from sos To Finale and Mac people:

To Finale and Mac people:

Am I the only one that is suffering from frequent, make that very frequent, "Finale has unexpectedly quit" interuptions? These "quits" seems to have increased since installing the new OS Leopard 10.5. To further aggravate the situation, no matter how much I have saved as I go, these "stoppages" go back and erase entries from the last hour or two. AAAARRRRGGGHHH!!

I have already notified Make Music and Apple but have yet to receive any response. Any comments or suggestions?

sos

Re: SOS from sos To Finale and Mac people:

Everyone knows that the introduction of Leopard has brought some incompatabilities among programs. Not just Finale but also Kontakt and a few others. Hopefully this will be fixed with maintenance updates for both programs. I believe that your particular issue has been looked at on the Finale Mac Forum

www.finalemusic.com

if you haven't already asked their. I visit that site several times daily and recall at least one thread on the issue. (There may be a work-around until the problem is fixed)

I recommend that you post on the Finale forum.

(Of course, you may have already posted there and did not get a satisfactory answer and that is why you are posting here.)

David Young

Hi

In following Davids Post, see the thread http://forum.makemusic.com/default.a...6&p=1&m=206507

There are others, but this one covers Finale 2008 and some earlier versions.
    A couple of suggestions are posted there.

Good Luck

Cheers...

Daz :0)

Chambermusic: aka: David Young
    Darrob: aka: Daz

Thank you both for the assisitance. I went to both links and now I know that this is not a problem unique to me. From all I read and gathered, the best plan for now is to just deal with the inconvenience and wait for updates that will hopefully address this problem. I should know better by now, having jumped many times before into new updates and upgrades and then suffering through the slings and arrows of "bugs." Being an old dog trying desparately trying to learn new tricks, I tend to be both impatient and impulsive. My wife has reminded me that when on the "cutting edge, you must expect to bleed a little!"

Thanks again,
    sos

Go Back to forum