• Register
  • Help
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Topic: Gpo

Share/Bookmark

Gpo

Hi Guys,

I already have JABB, and use Kontak Player, i'm thinking of getting GPO, does it come with Kontak Player or do I have to buy something else to program the instruments?

Phil

Re: Gpo

It comes with a kontakt player, although ou can use it, like JABB, with the full version of Kontakt.

Best regards.

Thanks,
    What's the general opinion of GPO or is there something else I should be looking at?

Phil

What are you looking for? GPO is excellent for starters and for the price it is a steal. It also works amazingly well with notation programs (namely Finale) and you can come up with great stuff and a lot of tweaking. Other libraries take less tweaking but cost more. And GPO is missing some "articulations", as they are called, but it depends on what you write, etc...

Can you be more specific please?

Hi Nikolas,
    I'm looking for some 'real' sounding violin/cello etc sections, and some good solo instruments, something I can put together and get a realistic orchestra sound, i'm not a keyboard player but I get by with a lot of short pieces and a lot of editing.

Phil

Well for good-sounding controllable solo violins and celli, check out Garritan's Strad and Gofriller.

GPO can make very realistic sounds when tweaked and orchestrated properly. And it comes with its own player, always a plus.

EWQLSO Silver is the other contender in the price range, and it lacks many of the direct control options ("articulations") available with GPO. That's not to say it isn't usable, because it is (check for the recent demo in the Sample Libraries subforum). It does have a quicker out-of-the-box Hollywood sound and also comes with its own player.

XSample has some new libraries coming out soon too which you may want to check out. The scripting and human playback interface (if you use Finale) look promising. The catch with them is that you'll need to buy Kontakt 2 (or 3) crossgrade (which you're eligible for from JABB) to run it.

Of course, if you're willing to spend more money, we can give you even more suggestions

Of course, if you're willing to spend more money, we can give you even more suggestions
    More suggestions please
    Phil

[quote=Phil Coggan]Hi Nikolas,
    I'm looking for some 'real' sounding violin/cello etc sections, and some good solo instruments, something I can put together and get a realistic orchestra sound, i'm not a keyboard player but I get by with a lot of short pieces and a lot of editing.

Check Kirk Hunter (various packages available).The strings are really good.
    For a more classic sound Vienna SE is very good and cover quite all instruments , it's the best solution for smooth legato.
    you can listen to demos in both case.

XSample has some new libraries coming out soon too which you may want to check out. The scripting and human playback interface (if you use Finale) look promising...

Xsample's new Kontakt Library is available!

Quote Originally Posted by Hans-Josef
    Xsample's new Kontakt Library is available!
    So they are!

Oh, yes. And KH is worth the look too.

Go Back to forum