• Register
  • Help

Topic: Any problems with pc3500 memory?

Any problems with pc3500 memory?

This is the setup tha was recommended to me
    Asus P4C800 deluxe
    radeon 9200
    Pentium 4 (3.00GHz, 512KB, 800MHz, Socket 478)
    ram kingston or corsair 2gb, pc3200
    2 seagate sata hd 120 gb 7200 rpm

will it work? also, i wonder if there is any kind for problem with \"Kingstom Hyper X PC3500\"
    that type of memory?
    Also i just dont know what sound card i should get, is there any card that will allow for example for me to connect my octopre ( 8 pre amped channels ) trhrough a optical input? in other words one optical input which is divided into 8 inputs, i also may want to link a mac with this pc, dont really know how to...
    I know im off topic here, but this is a very important decision, i live far from the u.s., and i\'m ordering all of this since it is not sold here, once i have it i can\'t return it, so i need to get it right, and i know more people read this forum than the hardware forum. Please help would be very much appreciated.

Re: Any problems with pc3500 memory?

Your system choices look great. The RAM you mention is very new, so I doubt that many here have used it, but in general, faster RAM causes no problems. It\'s a pretty safe bet.

To keep things quiet (assuming the PC won\'t be in another room or a closet) add the following:

* Fortron FSP350 or some other low-noise power supply.

* Zalman 6500Cu or Thermalright SLK-900 heatsink. The Zalman comes with a low-speed fan. Not sure on the Thermalright.

Oooh. I just looked up the 6500Cu for reference and I see that Zalman has a 7000Cu with even lower thermal resistance. They reference incompatible MBs, and the Asus you list should be fine.

All of the above items are from Directron.com, and are pretty inexpensive. No disclaimer needed. Just passing it on. They\'ve always come through for me.

BTW, a friend of mine built a Shuttle here at work. Looks great, sounds terrible! (The fan noise, that is.)

Re: Any problems with pc3500 memory?

I just bought some dual channel DDR400, I\'m gonna use it jsut to see if it boosts performance at all

My guess is that it wont be enough to make a huge difference.Especially right now, since you can get 160 poly out of a Duron [img]images/icons/wink.gif[/img]

but maybe later.

Go Back to forum