• Register
  • Help

Topic: Gigastudio

Share/Bookmark

Gigastudio

Has anyone ever had loading or memory problems with their Gigastudio
    using the Sonic Implants Libary. I find that by loading 3 or more sounds on my 2.6 GHZ PC, I get audio click problems all relating to CPUSAGE on Gigastudio.

Any comments or suggestions? Is my computer too slow?

Re: Gigastudio

If your Gigastudio is running on a seperate box and you aren't using GigaPulse and you aren't totally overorchestrating you shouldn't have an issue with CPU usage with the Sonivox stuff, though it does require a lot more juice to run than, say, Emerald. DAWs like Cubase often eat up a lot of CPU. I run my Sonivox stuff on a dedicated Giga box to avoid issues.

If I run the same libraries in GVI on my cubase box, after a few patches I start getting skips, etc, as you describe. But with GVI you can avoid those by freezing the tracks you are done with (or as I do, running those patches on the seperate Giga box instead). I heard that Sonar has freeze with rewire as well which is useful if you Giga is running on your DAW.

The issue can also be decreased by using the samples without release triggers .

Hi, I had the exact same problem running Cubase on the same box as GS3.
    Beside what Dalek said, try to avoid XFade samples and use DEF samples instead. You will save few CPU cycles there...

Running Giga on a dedicated machine is the best solution but personnaly, just increasing the power of my main machine pushed the limits to an acceptable level. I had a P4 3Ghz CPU and was facing your problem pretty quicly. Upgrading to a Core2 2.4Ghz and adding a dedicated RAID0 just for the samples helped a lot.

But still, it will never be better that a dedicated machine for GS3

Regards
    Nicolas Roy
    www.nicolasroy.com

Thanks.But it is a dedicated machine....I have 2 of them.
    I reinstalled the system...must be a hard drive problem or hardware. But all
    my other libraries work fine.

Akane:

I am running Sonar 6 and GS3 Orchestra on the same machine. So does Guru Jon Fairhurst and a great number of others.
    Watch out for GPulse!
    I am running three instances exactly as Jon recommends, CP use is around 45%.
    Sonivox has some samples with GPulse "samples" and if you are running with some Gpulse instances you created and load Sonivox samples with some more, it may be the reason for your problem...
    Take off all Gpulse instances and see what happens.

Ted

Re: Gigastudio Questions

Hi,

How do you take the GPulses off?

Mant thanks to all for your responses. Today, I upgraded my 2.5 processore to 3.0 and what an improvement. It was cheap and fast.

1. Anyhow, does anyone understand what computer to buy for Gigastudio.
    Which is a faster machine...a Duo Core 2.4 or a single core Intel 3.0?

2. As well, is there anyone working with SI on Kontact2 and how do you like it compared to a Giga set-up.

Re: Gigastudio Questions

Quote Originally Posted by akane
    1. Anyhow, does anyone understand what computer to buy for Gigastudio. Which is a faster machine...a Duo Core 2.4 or a single core Intel 3.0?
    At the moment, GS can only use one core, though you can manually move gigapulse to the second if you want to use it on the same system.

You may want to wait another month or two until GS4 is released, which is 64-bit, and then go with a 64-bit system instead.

Quote Originally Posted by akane
    2. As well, is there anyone working with SI on Kontact2 and how do you like it compared to a Giga set-up.
    I do not use it on Kontakt2 but you should really not experience any better performance CPU-wise on it as compared to Giga. It has more legato features but Giga has the DEF, which decreases the CPU usage compared to Xfade instruments and makes the instruments really sing.

You had posted previously that you are using the "Ensemble" patches like "Brass Ensemble".. those are VERY taxing on CPU if you are still trying to use those. It is much better to orchestrate your own brass, and a lot more CPU efficient.

Go Back to forum