• Register
  • Help

Topic: MFC42.dll error

Share/Bookmark

MFC42.dll error

Hi,
    I recieved GigasamplerLE yesterday and I already have a problem. When I try to run the program I get the following error message: \"GS caused an invalid page fault in module MFC42.dll at 015f:5f403 efc.\" I checked my system and I have 5 different versions of MFC42.dll all in different folders. I don\'t know if this is part of the problem or not. I have tried to contact Nemesys tech support, but they have not replied as of yet. My system is as follows:
    Pentium II 400MHZ, 128 MB RAM, Echo Gina w/ v. 5.02 driver, SB Live! w/ Liveware 3.0, Win 98, ATI Xpert98. Everything is working on the machine besides GSLE. I have uninstalled and reinstalled, and I\'ve run scandisk and defragmented. Has anyone els had this problem and know how to fix it? Thanks for any help.

Tim

Re: MFC42.dll error

Hi this is very common with ECHO CARDS, Layla/Gina/Darla users must go into this driver\'s property page and disable the DirectSound feature. If this is not done, then starting GigaSampler will cause a GPF. The drivers default to having DirectSound enabled - so this needs to be addressed when installing the Event/Echo upgrade.

Re: MFC42.dll error

Thanks for the reply. Getting the 1.62 upgrade helped some, but your suggestion made it work a lot better. I really appreciate your answer.

Regards,
    Tim

Go Back to forum