• Register
  • Help
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Topic: Guitar Samples - great sound great price

Share/Bookmark

Guitar Samples - great sound great price

I have spent considerable time looking for samples on the web and was surprised to find this one yesterday. It never came up in any of my searches and I hit it from some random google ad I think, so I am guessing it may be relatively unknown.

http://www.indiginus.com/

They have some multi-sampled guitars for Kontakt (and AKAI) that sound incrdible to me in the demo MP3s and they are only $5 each!
    Even the $5 drum kit has variable room and close micing!!

Incidentally if any one knows of any other sites\samples that you feel are "hidden gems" on the net please feel free to post them in this thread or pm me.
    If pro is the opposite of con lets look beyond this....the opposite of congress must be progress...

Re: Guitar Samples - great sound great price

Pretty amazing sounds. A lot of bang for the buck. How do they do it with such small file sizes? I particularly liked the AC guitar and the drums. Wonder if the samples are as "big" (surely not stereo!) and "wet" as they sound or is that the magic of the demo mixer? Demos are excellent, by the way, very professional. Now where can I get K2 cheap, or should I just
    convert the AKAI with my Gigastudio?:-)

Carl

it seems like each library is only around 6-15 mb (compressed I assume) so not big by any means. You chould check out the marketplace at KVR if you want to find Kontakt 2 for a decent price, I scooped it for 150 a couple weeks ago..
    If pro is the opposite of con lets look beyond this....the opposite of congress must be progress...

You know, these guys have the right idea... Very nice sounding samples that don't take up a lot of memory and with keyboard techniques that add realism... And at a price that can't be beat... In my opinion, these guys are far more skilled at what they're doing than these people that think that if your sample insstrument isn't 400 megs big, there's gotta be something wrong... Bigger is not necessarily better, and I've heard some big examples that don't sound as good as this... So kudos to them... I think they're a nice addition to anybody's library...

I am buying their entire collection right now. What great sounds! And it is going to cost me a whopping $35. I have Kontakt 2. These guys do have the right idea!

Puremagnetik has some great libraries for Guitars (among other things). They call them "Micropaks" and are $12 each. I believe they support both Kontakt 2 and EXS24.

http://www.puremagnetik.com

Optionally, they have a deal where you can pay $150 for a one year subscription and have access to all past and future content. A great price if you like their other stuff!

Just checked out the indiginus site. Nice stuff. Notice the page on playing guitar on a keyboard? Good information about getting a sound similar to the demos:

http://www.indiginus.com/support.html

Wow, great finds. Thanks guys.

The developer owes you some free content. I am buying it also. Good find there mate.

You won't believe what I use for my Guitars. These will help out hopefully.
    I take entire old samples from EMU / Akai discs from Sonic Reality, Gigasampler, and make different instruments in Giga or K2.

I have been covering guitar parts since 1984 w/ my Mirage sample still. The demo that sold me was the Piano, and Guitar ( Santana's SG ) w/ distortion and ModWH feedback on the fifth harmonic. I have converted that sample to Gigasampler, then 2.54, 3 Orch., and recently GVI and K2 !!

I have purchased several disappointing libraries for guitar, even VSL's Overdrive really surprised me. I thought if anyone could nail it, they could. Not. So I keep using my Mirage 8bit leads, and custom Steel string and Acoustic mixtures. I have pulled off Dust In The Wind, Baby I'm Gonna Leave You by Jimmy Page and just lot's of improv and double leads w/ our guitarist, and it works really well.

These might keep me from buying yet another overbloated / priced useless library.

I really like the demo of Chris Hein's Guitars, but am afraid to pay for something that won't function in a live venue. I know from reading here that people are very happy w/ it. But happy in your studio, and happy live are 2 different animals.

For 35 USD, I can't possibly be mad after what I have dropped on others in the last few years.

Good Work, Thanks.
    JimmyV

Glad some people are finding this great stuff to be useful!

MarkH, have you used any of those puremagnetik guitar packs? I can't tell from the descriptions if they have just notes mulit-sampled too. They mention chords and licks but not sure if they have the single notes with different articulations. Thanks for that link, another nice inexpensive find.

scope4live,cool story. Out of curiosity, do you have any recordings of your 8bit guitars? I'd be intrigued to hear them.

Go Back to forum