• Register
  • Help
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Topic: Prelude, Op 28 by Chopin

Share/Bookmark

Prelude, Op 28 by Chopin

Here is an orchestration of Chopin's Prelude Op. 28. The string parts I created were rendered using the Garritan String Library.

I was in a melancholy mood and this piece certainly establishes that mood. I hope you enjoy listening to one of my favorite Chopin pieces.

Prelude, Opus 28
    We dream to write and we write to dream.

Challenge #10 Winner

Re: Prelude, Op 28 by Chopin

Hi, Bill - Great to see you back with a piece for us to hear.

Nice! It's a rich piece of music which rather insists on us succombing to its mood, and if we are in a receptive frame of mine, this Prelude can be an interesting guide. I especially love the most dramatic section about 3/4 the way through the piece.

The piano performance is solid and sensitive, and your string arrangement opens up the recording and supports the piano very nicely.

This must have been a very satisfying project for you - It certainly makes for a very satisfying listening experience!

Thanks much.

Randy B.
    (rbowser)

Thanks Randy, it is a great work of music and hard to go wrong when following such a genius as Chopin.

Challenge #10 Winner

The page I come to following the link does not have a player on it. What do I do to listen?

~ Lydia

Quote Originally Posted by Crystallions
    The page I come to following the link does not have a player on it. What do I do to listen?

~ Lydia
    Rbowser can answer that, some people have trouble with the esnips player.

There is a download button below the player that should allow you to download and then play it.

Challenge #10 Winner

Lydia, the Esnips site doesn't work well for a lot of us. The trick I discovered is to click on the Widget preview towards the left. That will take you to another page where the Widget is loaded with the right selection and is ready to play.

Randy
    (rbowser)

Hi bill. (When did charlie chopin stop playing rock and get into romantic classicl stuff). I enjoyed this. It seems all of chopins work is just wonderful to listen to. Thanks for taking the time to render this.
    -Jay

Randy - Thank you for helping me figure this out. That worked.

wrayer - You did an excellent work! It sounds beautiful! Just out of curiosity - what program did you do this in?

~ Lydia

Quote Originally Posted by Crystallions
    Randy - Thank you for helping me figure this out. That worked.

wrayer - You did an excellent work! It sounds beautiful! Just out of curiosity - what program did you do this in?

~ Lydia
    I use Finale 2008 - and then I through it into Sonar 6 Home Studio to render the waves and mix it down. I don't do a lot with the midi files, I use Finale to work out the dynamics, shading, expression, etc. and then use the wave file from Finale in Sonar to hammer out the quality. (Compression, tape render and reverb) I hope that answers your question. I am not all that much into the "sound engineering" aspect of all this, more into the compositional arena.

Challenge #10 Winner

Chopin was a master of the piano and you have brought out his genious very well.
    Thanks for taking the time to work this out.

Ron

Go Back to forum
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast