• Register
  • Help
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Topic: "The Greatest Party Ever"

Share/Bookmark

"The Greatest Party Ever"

I just scored a short film called "The Greatest Party Ever" produced by Stacie Cannon. It is a cute film about a mother who is invited to a party and is trying to pick what outfit to wear at the same time as her children want her attention. It was a challenge since Stacie wanted a different style of music with every change of clothes...

I used the following sound libraries:

Piano, some of the percussion, woodwinds and electric bass - GPO, JABB
    Additional percussion - Stylus RMX
    Strings, Brass and marimba - EW

You can watch the film here:

http://youtube.com/watch?v=4slpO85Z7qw

Enjoy!

~ Lydia

Re: "The Greatest Party Ever"

Really nice, Lydia!

It's a very cute film and you did a wonderful job on the score. Good concept your producer, Stacie Cannon had with changing the style of music with each outfit tried on. You fulfilled that idea perfectly.

I remember when you mentioned this project in a recent thread - It's great to now see it. You should be really happy with the results - Very entertaining.

Thanks for showing us!

Randy B.
    (rbowser)

A worthy, creative effort, Lydia.

Enjoyed the variety of musical styles
    that coincided with the apparell changes.

Seems like you are on to something here
    writing for films. I know you are working
    hard and enjoying it more....That's what
    it takes to be successful in anything.

Keep writing and working and, above all,
    studying film music.

Jack Cannon
    Jack Cannon--MacBook Pro (2015, 13") GPO4/5, JABB3, Auth. STEINWAY, YAMAHA CFX, Gofriller CELLO, Stradivari VIOLIN, COMB2, WORLD, HARPS, PIPE ORGANS, FINALE 2014.5, Mac Pro 2.66 GHz CPU, 8 GB RAM, DP 9.5, MOTU Traveler, MOTU Micro Express, MacBook Pro (2012, 13") 2.2 Ghz CPU, 8 GB RAM.

Very cool lydia. The music was very appropriate for the film. I think the film needed some nudity though. (I am just joking). The film and music worked well together.
    -Jay

Quote Originally Posted by rbowser-
    It's a very cute film and you did a wonderful job on the score. Good concept your producer, Stacie Cannon had with changing the style of music with each outfit tried on. You fulfilled that idea perfectly.
    (rbowser)
    Thank you! I will pass this on to Stacie as well. She had some people complain that the music changed to often. I also thought it was a fun idea to have the music change as the clothes changes.

Jack Cannon - I am very interested in film scoring. Thank you for your encouragement. For my first couple of films I just wrote something that sounded similar to what the producer asked for but never went through the work to make "hits" in the music line up with what you see on the screen (not sure if that's what it called but I call it "hits". I mean when something in the music accents something that happens on screen). Usually some of it did anyways (pure luck). This film helped me realize how effective it would be if I did it on purpose. The changes between styles in this film were kind of loose since I had several seconds on me from one to the other, but it made me think of how great it would be to make "hits" on purpose that line up exactly. (Probably seem obvious to some, but it wasn't to me. It semed like too much work...)

Jay - Thank you!
    Ha ha... I'll pass that on too (about the nudity) (just kidding).

~ Lydia

I really like the transitions. I am surprised at how well it hangs together. You have used some good techniques to introduce the rhythms as a backdrop to the initial theme and this allows the various themes to run together very nicely.

well done.

And nice video concept too!

Quote Originally Posted by jaynkate01
    Very cool lydia. The music was very appropriate for the film. I think the film needed some nudity though. (I am just joking). The film and music worked well together.
    -Jay
    I think Jay missed the fact that the cat was in the nude!!

Would that make this a R rated film?

Great job!!!

Ron

Alan - Thank you! I am glad the transitions seem smooth. I did work with the rhythms like you say rather than do clean cuts.

Ron - Does this mean I have scored an R rated film? I can't tell my mom!

Thanks!

~ Lydia

Very well done, Lydia!

Everything hooks beautifully with the action;
    yet the transitions are all clean and sharp,
    natural... work perfectly in tandem with the
    wardrobe changes.

Neat flick, by the way... got a kick out of it!

My best,

David
    www.DavidSosnowski.com

Cute film. Great job in scoring it. I liked that the music changed for every change of outfit – it all worked very well.
    Trent P. McDonald

Go Back to forum
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast