• Register
  • Help

Topic: OT: Workstation Areas

Share/Bookmark

OT: Workstation Areas

All

I've recently been toying with the idea of cleaning up my very messy work area (i.e. throwing junk out and trying to get organized).

My desk is piled with stuff, and it is now getting hard to setup all my stuff to use Pro Tools or Logic. So I've been thinking about throwing the desk out and designing a work area.

I could really use some ideas. I ended up browsing DPDan's site and he has a photo of his work area:

I like the clean look of this. It looks like the table surface is something you can obtain from Lowes (pick your style). I also like the wood carts it is mounted on. He also has is offset from one wall (left side) so that he can access other stuff. Good idea.

One thing that I'd like is the ability to have a shelf above and to the rear of a surface.

So I was wondering if some of you would post links to your work areas and discuss some of the finer points. It might help me and others in designing efficient workstations.

I don't have to worry about mixing boards or rack equipment, but that would be a good discussion from those of you that do have to consider that.

thanks

dave

Re: OT: Workstation Areas

I would give you suggestions but I think I might be the last one you would want to give you suggestions on how to keep a clean workspace:

Colton J. Provias
    Film Score Composer, Location Sound Mixer, and Sound Editor
    Full-stack Web Developer

Looks fine to me CJ, you could at least put your shoes away

Those shoes are my sister's. Her desk is right next to mine.
    Colton J. Provias
    Film Score Composer, Location Sound Mixer, and Sound Editor
    Full-stack Web Developer

Quote Originally Posted by C J Pro
    I would give you suggestions but I think I might be the last one you would want to give you suggestions on how to keep a clean workspace:

Now see... that's what I'm talking about. You snuck into my office and took a picture.

BTW, is that a computer on a treadmill. What's it trying to do, bulk up in speed?

Hi, dsampson55

If you like the clean, uncluttered and peaceful look of DPDAN's work space, it's a great model to get inspired by.

Back in march of this year, I started a thread asking people to describe their home studio set-ups, and a number of people ended up posting pictures.

Here's a link to that thread, where you'll see pictures of Tom Hopkins' "Star Ship Enterprise" approach to home studio design, Gunther's tidy and serious looking work space, my somewhat whacky and "junky" playroom/studio - and several other home studios. Could be another source of inspiration for you:

Good luck with the project!

Randy B.
    (rbowser)

Here's a link to that thread, where you'll see pictures of Tom Hopkins' "Star Ship Enterprise" approach to home studio design
    Wow! the wood is beautiful!

Go Back to forum