• Register
  • Help

Topic: Converting to Recycle format

Share/Bookmark

Unhappy Converting to Recycle format

I assume that RMX will only import recycle files.

I have some non-recycle format loops that I would like to get into RMX, but I don't own any propellerheads software.

Am I SOL, or is there some magic way to get .aiff's into RMX?

Thanks,
    Shaun

Re: Converting to Recycle format

For now, RMX will only import Rex files. The only apps that can output Rex files are Propellerheads ReCycle and Zero-X BeatCreator (which is distributed by Image-Line and will only save in Rex 1 (mono) format).

[pure speculation mode]You might want to hold off on buying one of these for a while as Eric Persing has hinted at some major Spectrasonics announcements "in the late fall" which shouldn't be too far off. Those announcements are likely to include an update for RMX and you never know - maybe RMX will be opened up to some other file formats?[/pure speculation mode]

/Yoss

Quote Originally Posted by Yossarian
    [pure speculation mode]You might want to hold off on buying one of these for a while as Eric Persing has hinted at some major Spectrasonics announcements "in the late fall" which shouldn't be too far off. Those announcements are likely to include an update for RMX and you never know - maybe RMX will be opened up to some other file formats?[/pure speculation mode]

/Yoss
    Appreciate the heads up Yoss. RMX seems a bit like a closed eco system sometimes.

Shaun

Hopefully Eric will chime in. But I am not sure any more announcements will come before Namm.
    There was the wrapper for Trilogy and Atmosphere announcement a few weeks ago. I am not sure if that wasn't all the announcements for Fall.
    rsp
    richard sven
    sound sculptist
    ------------------
    Nuendo 4.3 | Intel DP35DP : Intel Quad Core QX 6700 : 4GB RAM | Windows XP Pro SP3 | Lynx Two C | Midisport 2x2 | 2xUAD-1, UAD-2 Quad |

Cubase 4.5.2 | MacBookPro 2.16 Ghz | 10.6.3 | 2GB | TC Konnekt 8

Go Back to forum