• Register
  • Help
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Topic: KP2 8out 16out etc...?

Share/Bookmark

KP2 8out 16out etc...?

I've looked through the KP2 manual but don't see any reference to the three choices I have while creating a KP2 instance in Sonar.
    1. KP2
    2. KP2_8out
    3. KP2_16out

They each appear to be the same in Sonar. Does anyone have any info about these three ?

thanks
    Bosco Adama

Re: KP2 8out 16out etc...?

Quote Originally Posted by Bosco Adama
    I've looked through the KP2 manual but don't see any reference to the three choices I have while creating a KP2 instance in Sonar.
    1. KP2 ==>Gives you 16 stereo or 32 mono output channels
    2. KP2_8out ==>Gives you 4 stereo or 8 mono output channels
    3. KP2_16out==Gives you 8 stereo or 16 mono output channels

I assume there is some hit on the CPU for having all those outs in kp2.dll...there certainly must be a hit for USING them

They each appear to be the same in Sonar. Does anyone have any info about these three ?

thanks
    Bosco,
    Sorry someone didn't answer this already...see the red above!

Snor
    Jim Williams
    Professor of Capitalism
    N9EJR
    Indianapolis Brass Choir
    All Your Bass Sus&Short Are Belong to Us.

Thanks for that info!

I assume since I only have 2 stereo audio driver outputs active in Sonar is the reason each of the three configurations appear to be the same.
    Bosco Adama

Quote Originally Posted by Bosco Adama
    Thanks for that info!

I assume since I only have 2 stereo audio driver outputs active in Sonar is the reason each of the three configurations appear to be the same.
    No, the plugin outs have nothing to do with your audio card's outs. They are the same because they use the same default Config. - until you change it. Each of the three plugins can have its own customizable default Config.

Sorry to appear thick here but if you use one instance per instrument, are you better to go for the lowest output settings. Is there any difference other than the obvious one. (I'm using FL7 + Audigy 2)

Hi, Mykyndryd - Is there a technical limitation with FL7 that forces you to have one instance per instrument? Because if there isn't, that's not a very practical way to work.

Inside KP2 you can direct each instrument you have loaded to different stereo outs, so there's no limitation in your mixing--each instrument can have its own discrete stereo channel.

I think you're using separate instances of KP2 (big waste of CPU power) so you can keep your instruments on separate audio tracks - but that isn't necessary, unless, as I asked at the start of this, unless FL7 has to work that way.

Randy B.
    (rbowser)

Thanks Tandy. That's exactly what I'm doing - I think I need to re-read the manual ...

Mykyndryd,Bosco Adama

KontaktPlayer2 manual --- you guys seem to have it -- please tell me,where I can get it from.

See my cri de coeur ...

http://northernsounds.com/forum/showthread.php?t=58338

look in the JABB manual that comes when you download the upgrade
    if in doubt RTFM

found the manual - it is in the GPO manual! pages 15 to 29!

In too much of a hurry to try out GPO!

Go Back to forum