• Register
  • Help
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Topic: Tooting my own horn - Newspaper interview

Tooting my own horn - Newspaper interview

Ron Cowan, the Arts reporter for Salem Oregon's newspaper, The Statesman Journal, interviewed me last week about the upcoming production of my musical "Dorian-The Remarkable Mister Gray."

The interview came out today, and I'm happy the show is getting some more advance publicity like this.

There's a fun photo included of me sitting in my home studio with one of the "Dorian" pieces loaded into Sound Forge on the monitor.

In the paper's hard copies, the article is very prominent - It could very well motivate more volunteers and performers to get involved in the production.

Here's the online version of the article - it won't stay up long, just a week before it's in the archives which require a fee to view:

And I've already done up a more permanent version of the story at the "Dorian" website:

Just had to let you all know!

Randy B.

Re: Tooting my own horn - Newspaper interview

That's a nice article and some fabulous publicity!

How much did you have to pay him for this "advertising"? (Kidding)

Larry G. Alexander

Well done Randy. I know from experience just how much is inolved in your venture.

Great interview and it's good to hear things are moving on there. Heartiest congratulations.
    Patience is a virtue, sensitivity is a gift

Great article Randy. I have been interested in the process of your "DORIAN" project which you have talked about repeatedly on this forum. Its evolution, and your stick-to-it-tiveness have been encouraging to me. Please, do keep us informed about how the auditions go, and of course the details of its debut performance. Way to go!

Thank you, Larry, Michael and Robert!

It's always fun to have something in the paper, and in this case I'm very glad that Ron, the reporter, got the idea to do this interview at such a perfect time - just two months short of it being audition time. Hopefully we'll drum up more volunteers for the myriad of jobs that still need to be filled, and naturally I want as large a talent base to draw from as possible when I cast the show.

It indeed is the kind of publicity you just can't pay for.

Robert--I really appreciate you letting me know that all these posts mentioning the progress of "Dorian" have been personally encouraging for you. That's great news.

Randy B.

Congratulations, this is excellent!

Excellent! Get the buzz going early...!

Nice job on the interview, Randy.

My best,

Very good, Randy!

I think you know how important this interview is!

"Music is the shorthand of emotion." Leo Tolstoy

Listen to me, tuning my triangle http://www.box.net/shared/ae822u6r3i

Cool, Randy!! This is great!

I want to see the show! I'm gonna start walking to Oregon right now...

Dallas, TX

Great interview and a great read, Randy. Thanks for posting so we can share in your excitement for this show and the road to the big day ahead. I hope when some people see it, it gets into theaters all across the country.

Go Back to forum