• Register
  • Help

Topic: no efects in GVI?

no efects in GVI?

I bought GVI and I use it with Vista 64. One thing makes me wondering: I can't use any effects with an instrument. For example, I load an orgelsound and I like to give some reverb to it. I klick on the FX-button in the upper part of the window. Then I can (theoreticely) choose amongst four effects. I take the reverb (NFX1) and the controllers and sliders are to be seen. The button on is illuminated. But the effect has no effect If I choose an instrument with an embedded gigapulse this works fine. Can I only use instruments or presets there the effect is embedded already?

thanks Kai

St. John's NL

Re: no efects in GVI?

Hi Kai,

I could be wrong, but I don't think GVI is Vista 64 compatible yet. I believe it's touted as compatible with XP 32 and XP 64, as well as with Vista 32.

Again, I could be wrong, but if I'm right, it's pretty cool that it's generally working for you in V-64!

Are you managing to load any extraordinary amount of samples into your RAM?

Sorry I couldn't be of any real help...

Vista 64bit? Do you own Tascam stock or something?

I use GVI 3.64.3... I have 4GB RAM and a C2Duo 6850, working at 3,25 Ghz. Vista 64 Ultimate, as I said. Everything works very well, it goes very quickly, except the effects. I use the gigs from GS 3 which I have at another bootpartition with XP.

greetings Kai

no other one who have the same problem? all of you using GVI have the effects working?

greetings Kai

Go Back to forum