• Register
  • Help
Page 1 of 7 1234 ... LastLast

Topic: SampleTekk Winter Groupbuy - 50% Discount on EVERYTHING!

Share/Bookmark

SampleTekk Winter Groupbuy - 50% Discount on EVERYTHING!

SampleTekk are happy to celebrate winter by offering our customers a great deal:
    The SampleTekk Super WinterGroup Buy Group Buy

Highest Level Reached, 50% on EVERYTHING, No Risk!

Click here to visit SampleTekk and join the Group Buy!

Also, to spice things up a bit, we will pick one winner per week among the contributors to this thread that will get an extra 25% discount

Group Buy Rules.
    1. A group buy works on ALL products from the SampleTekk store.
    2. The Group Buy offer is valid between November 20 and December 20 2007.
    3. To join the Group Buy you make a purchase in our on-line store with the 50% maximum discount. You have then entered the Group Buy. When 81 entries are reached the 50% discount applies for all buyers and you don't have to make an additional payment. If the 81 buyers are not reached at the end of the Group Buy you will have to make an additional payment. This payment will be the difference between the lowest price you paid and the actual price as set by the discount percentage reached at the end.
    4. You can buy as many different products as you like, but only one each. For example, you can buy 1 White Grand, 1 Black Grand and 1 Vertikal but not 3 White Grand.
    5. By joining a group buy you agree to wait until the end of the group buy before receiving the product(s) and make the final payment if needed.
    6. You can find the discount percentage matching each level of buyers below.

0-25 Buyers 10% Discount
      26-50 Buyers 20% Discount
      51-75 Buyers 30% Discount
      76-80 Buyers 40% Discount
      81 + 50% Discount

7. Both the entry and the shipping fee are non-refundable purchases.
    8. When the final discount is reached (or when the Group Buy ends) we will ship the products you purchased.
    9. All items are full versions and packed in CD/DVD envelopes
    Worra
    SampleTekk

Arf, arf, arf...

Re: SampleTekk Winter Groupbuy - 50% Discount on EVERYTHING!

Hi Worra,

great to see/read you here. There's one thing I always wanted to ask you for some time now ;-):

Where's the difference between the TBO and the 7CG (resp. the TSO and the 7CG jr)? They are both Yamaha C 7 grands, have (in the full version) 93 samples per note and therefore obviously quite some dynamic range...

I checked out the TBO demo and was quite pleased with the playabilty....

I already own some of your pianos and the best for my playing style so far has been the White Grand jr, so I thought about upgrading to the full WG...but - well - it's a rocker ;-)

Greetings!

Thorsten

Hi worra,
    Good luck with the groupbuy! I love TBO and Black Grand, use them all the time.

A couple of hints to SampleTekk piano users:
    • If you use Kontakt 2 check out Laurent's volume response curve. Useful for all instruments that were intially developed in giga format to compensate for the Giga/Kontakt differences.
    • I loved the tone of PMI Emperor but found it very hard to use due to sample start offset problems in the lower veloctiy layers of the pedal down samples. This was then fixed (the fix doesn't seem to be among the official updates btw), but in the process a blip was introduced at the start of some samples. It's possible to get rid of most such problems by adding a very short attack envelope to the instrument.
    Thorsten, TBO and 7CG are recordings of the same piano but with different microphone placements and different microphones. TBO is recorded quite close and 7CG somewhat more distant.

Quote Originally Posted by kotori
    Hi worra,
    Good luck with the groupbuy! I love TBO and Black Grand, use them all the time.

A couple of hints to SampleTekk piano users:
    • If you use Kontakt 2 check out Laurent's volume response curve. Useful for all instruments that were intially developed in giga format to compensate for the Giga/Kontakt differences.
    • I loved the tone of PMI Emperor but found it very hard to use due to sample start offset problems in the lower veloctiy layers of the pedal down samples. This was then fixed (the fix doesn't seem to be among the official updates btw), but in the process a blip was introduced at the start of some samples. It's possible to get rid of most such problems by adding a very short attack envelope to the instrument.
    Thorsten, TBO and 7CG are recordings of the same piano but with different microphone placements and different microphones. TBO is recorded quite close and 7CG somewhat more distant.
    Thanks Nils.

I wasn't aware of Laruent's volume response curve. I'll definitely need to check that out.

I'm with you on the Emperor. Lovely sounding piano, just a few technical issues. I never did try the fix, cause I remembered it still left some issues. Did Per release any nkis with your attack envelope fix? Or do you have any that you could share?

Per, good luck with another super group buy.

VERY COOL! I missed your pre-group buy sale as I was waiting for you and Mr. Post's reply on the differences between the two PMI Bosendorfers. Perhaps this was a sign that I should hold off, as I'm destined to win an extra 25% off.

BTW, in case anyone is interested in purchasing a PMI piano, Michiel Post has a great comparison of the pianos on his website (might miss it if you are only looking at the Sampletekk site). http://www.postpiano.com/products/Comparison.htm

Sampletekk, you should add a link this chart to your in the information on PMI pianos so future buyers can have more information.

THANKS for this wonderful group buy!! I wish you all the best!!

Quote Originally Posted by kotori
    [*] I loved the tone of PMI Emperor but found it very hard to use due to sample start offset problems in the lower veloctiy layers of the pedal down samples. This was then fixed (the fix doesn't seem to be among the official updates btw), but in the process a blip was introduced at the start of some samples. It's possible to get rid of most such problems by adding a very short attack envelope to the instrument.[/LIST]
    I too LOVE the sound of Emperor, but am wary to buy if its still got problems. PMI has another Bosendorfer, the PMI Bosendorfer 290: http://www.sampletekk.com/proddetail...VER-001-FORMAT

Anyone know if this is the same piano / same tone? The comparison chart shows it has less release velocity and "down" layers, but I dont mind that if it sounds good This could be wrong thinking, but when a sample developer decides to redo the same piano again, does that mean he wasn't happy with the sound the first time and/or he improved on sampling the instrument? Since Emperor was recorded later, does it make it better?

WHAM!!! More the 81 buyers and highest level reached!!!!
    Now you get the 50% discount, no risk!!!

Remember that we, next week, will pick a winner among the contributors to this thread that will win an extra 25% discount
    Worra
    SampleTekk

Arf, arf, arf...

So Per, where is the Hohner Pianet for EXS24 you promised me you would do?
    Composer, Logic Certified Trainer, Level 2,
    author of "Going Pro with Logic Pro 9."

www.jayasher.com

Quote Originally Posted by Ashermusic
    So Per, where is the Hohner Pianet for EXS24 you promised me you would do?
    blush.........
    Worra
    SampleTekk

Arf, arf, arf...

There is one thing I have learned in the past: Buy your libraries only at the christmastime!
    "Music is the shorthand of emotion." Leo Tolstoy

Listen to me, tuning my triangle http://www.box.net/shared/ae822u6r3i

Go Back to forum
Page 1 of 7 1234 ... LastLast