• Register
  • Help
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Topic: slide to the side (pop jazz)

Share/Bookmark

slide to the side (pop jazz)

The instrumentation on this is all JABB except for the roland mute guitar. Please listen and comment.
    -Jay
    www.jesse.us.com/slide.mp3

Re: slide to the side (pop jazz)

Hi, Jay - I was surprised at the end of your track when I didn't hear a disc jockey saying, "The smoooooth sounds of jazz brought to you all the day long here at KJAZZ - the Ooooonly place to set your dial"--Or Something along those lines.

Every bit as accomplished as guys out there making bucks with the "smooth jazz" sound, so you get out there and get yourself on the air! I think this is totally Fabooo.

Randy B.
    (rbowser)

Hi Jay:
    Verrry nice and well presented. It stays well within the genre and has a bunch of good ideas well presented in the flugal hrn. I enjoyed it, thanks for posting it.
    John

It says : .mp3, but when playing it is mp2. What is mp2?

Nevertheless this is a very, very good piece of music. I liked that rhythm on the left.

Thumbs up Re: slide to the side (pop jazz)

It fantastic, Jay! I agree, this would be perfectly at home on The Oasis 107.5 Smooth Jazz.

..that is if some sinister madman had not changed it to a rap station.

David

Jay

Once again you take us into the dark alleys of jazz clubs. (They always seem to be in alleys for some reason). The music however is not dark but light and lively. A perfect addition to your growing repertoire of great Jazz.

Well done

Ron

Another nice jazz tune, Jay. I really enjoyed this. You sure do have a handle on JABB. Love the flugal horn.
    Trent P. McDonald

Thanks Randy. I appreciate the good words. I was trying to get kind of a smooth jazz sound on this. I added some chorus to the piano to help the effect along. Thanks for listening.

Hey John, thanks. I try to use the jabb flugalhorn whenever I can because I like the sound so much.

Raymond62, EVERYBODY knows that MP2 is 1 less than MP3 (lol). I really have know idea where the mp2 thing came from, but I am glad that you liked my song.

David, they used to play straight ahead jazz on the radio stations. Now it seems that every city has a 'smooth jazz' station. We have one here in Tampa. Some people criticise the genre, but I like it along with most kind of music. Thanks for taking time to listen and comment.

Thank you Ron. I was trying to be a little lighter than I often seem to get into. You are right though, the jazz clubs often seem to be in those shadowy dark alleys. Thanks for listening.
    --Jay

Quote Originally Posted by jaynkate01
    Raymond62, EVERYBODY knows that MP2 is 1 less than MP3 (lol). I really have know idea where the mp2 thing came from, but I am glad that you liked my song.--Jay
    In Dutch six=zes (6=zes).
    Who was the father or Mozes?
    Answer: Mofive.

Raymond - LOL

The rhythm is very infectious. Really provokes some serious foot-tapping. I like what you did with the piano. Very pretty sounding and expressive. A great composition.

What could you improve (meant in the spirit of offering a (hopefully) helpful opinion)? Well, my 2 cents are reverb on the flugelhorn. It comes across as too dry to my ears.
    Best regards,

Little Red King
    http://luridcactus.com/MusicPage.html

Go Back to forum
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast