• Register
  • Help

Topic: Marcha de los 40 - Brasses and Recorders -Score Video

Share/Bookmark

Marcha de los 40 - Brasses and Recorders -Score Video

Hi friends. Continuing with this new thing to upload some of my music, here is another very little thing i made previously of the woodwind quintet.
    Is a little march using a Brass quintet, a timpani, snare, and recorders. Recorders are always rounding my mind, since i work in a school, and kids are starting to work with recorders. They are not at the level of playing of the march yet, but maybe the next year.
    Here you can see a Video i made with the score (not much time to engraving) following the idea of Gary G. made with some scores: (that is very usefull to use in the school)

Score Video:
    http://www.soundclick.com/bands/defa...content=videos

And here is the mp3:

http://www.soundclick.com/bands/defa...songID=6001565

Comments about voicing, balance between instruments, or any you want to say, is very welcome for me.
    Tools: Harmony Assistant, CakeMusicCreator, GPO, KP2 and KP1.8 ( i have some problems rendering the piano trough kp2) the KP2 convolution reverb and a freebie called "Glaceverb"
    The recorder is, mostly, except the end that i change later, me on a plastic yamaha recorder.
    Marcelo Colina

Re: Marcha de los 40 - Brasses and Recorders -Score Video

Marcelo,

Very nice work. It should be an inspiration to the children, something for them to aspire to. And great us of the GPO instruments in the production of the presentation. Thanks for sharing it here.

Gary

www.garybricault.com

Thanks your comments Gary!

Maybe someone with more knowledge (edit)THAN ME, not refering to Gary, sorry(/edit) can help me:
    I wrote this from paper, and started with a 4/4 time signature. But, now, looking the score while hearing the music, i believe that a 2/4 is a more apropiated time signature. What do you think?
    Marcelo Colina

Marcelo:

A very nice little piece and you got a lot of sound
    out of the instruments you selected for the score.

I haven't heard any of your music before, but I
    would like to hear more and also welcome you to
    the Garritan Forum.

Jack
    Jack Cannon--MacBook Pro (2015, 13") GPO4/5, JABB3, Auth. STEINWAY, YAMAHA CFX, Gofriller CELLO, Stradivari VIOLIN, COMB2, WORLD, HARPS, PIPE ORGANS, FINALE 2014.5, Mac Pro 2.66 GHz CPU, 8 GB RAM, DP 9.5, MOTU Traveler, MOTU Micro Express, MacBook Pro (2012, 13") 2.2 Ghz CPU, 8 GB RAM.

HI, Marce

This is really neat, I like this very catchy March. Recording is sounding fine to me!

How do you do that with synching the score to MP3 in the video?

I'm wondering what problems exactly you're having with rendering the piano through KP2? That must be inconvenient having to use both KP1 and KP2.

Randy B.
    (rbowser)

Marcelo

As a Teacher myself, I can easily see this being used in the classroom. Anything that will get them excited about music. I teach math, so It is usually harder to find things to excite them.

Neat stuff

Ron

Quote Originally Posted by marce
    Thanks your comments Gary!

Maybe someone with more knowledge (edit)THAN ME, not refering to Gary, sorry(/edit) can help me:
    I wrote this from paper, and started with a 4/4 time signature. But, now, looking the score while hearing the music, i believe that a 2/4 is a more apropiated time signature. What do you think?
    Marcelo,

I believe that the younger students can count off 4/4 easier than 2/4. I have written marches for very young bands, 4th and 5th graders, and I have used both. However, once they heard the rythems they quickly adapted to either time signature.

Gary

www.garybricault.com

It sounds like renaissance music so the recorders work well with it.

A great idea to do this.

Many years ago they were called tonets.

I liked the music.

Phil

Very nice work on this, Marcelo!

I particularly appreciated the video score. Perhaps you
    might tell us more about how you created that, as it
    would interest many, here.

All my best,

David
    www.DavidSosnowski.com

Marcelo,

I believe that the younger students can count off 4/4 easier than 2/4. I have written marches for very young bands, 4th and 5th graders, and I have used both. However, once they heard the rythems they quickly adapted to either time signature.

Gary
    Thanks Gary! i apreciate your tip, i believe it will help me.

Quote Originally Posted by fastlane
    Many years ago they were called tonets.

Phil
    I remember at school to play with tonets, they had the same digitation than recorder, but the sound was, i still have one at home, not very nice. (with recorders the sound can be worst, but there is some room to improver and to get nice sounding, even to be in classroom with kids when they are learning can be a little dangerous for your ears and mental sanity

Quote Originally Posted by rbowser-
    HI, Marce

...How do you do that with synching the score to MP3 in the video?

Randy B.
    (rbowser)
    Quote Originally Posted by etLux
    ...I particularly appreciated the video score.
    David
    I use a freebie utility called AviScreen Classic that can record your screen to a video file. The drawback is that it dont capture the audio, and over the time, it becomes a little out of sync. So, i loaded the video file in Reaper, and strecht just a little the audio, to fit them together. I believe that any host that support video and audio stretching can do the trick. After i get the stretched file, i join the video and audio together with another freebie called "Virtualdub"

Quote Originally Posted by rolifer
    Marcelo

As a Teacher myself, I can easily see this being used in the classroom. Anything that will get them excited about music. I teach math, so It is usually harder to find things to excite them.

Neat stuff

Ron
    Hi Ron. This days are hard to do what you point. And i dont envy you, you work is hard, since maths are things that you apreciate over the years, and then you think "ah, now im happy i studied that" or "why i dont applied more on maths".

Well, thanks your comments about the march, im looking to post something more substantious in the future
    Marcelo Colina

Go Back to forum