• Register
  • Help
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Topic: Living Waters Jazz demo

Living Waters Jazz demo

I've been a lurker for a long time now and have been inspired by many here to push for as an authentic jazz band sound as I am able to do. I created a CD I would like to get published and since created a demo I believe I can share here with you all. I have much gratitude and many thanks for all of you and the Garritan team for making this venture possible.

The band name is Living Waters Jazz (Inspirational music combined with Big Band jazz of the Swing Era variety) and I use a fair number of Garritan samples. The band makeup is 2 trumpets (x1 Garr.), 2 trombones (x1 Gar.), 3 saxes (Alto, Ten and Bari (Garr)) plus Bass (Garr), Guitar (Garr), Piano, and Drums (Garr). Vibes and Strings on occasion (Garr). Vocal on some tunes is a friend of mine, Dave Bentley.

The demo is six 30 second clips with fades of songs from the CD.

Website is www.livingwatersjazz.com

Thanks for listening, hope you enjoy and thanks in advance for your comments (I don't get here as much, sorry).

Rich Garber

Re: Living Waters Jazz demo

Hey Rich,

A very nice sample from a well produced CD! I'm not very knowledgeable about jazz and big band but the rendering is incredible and the melodies and instrumentation arrangements are exactly what I'd expect from this genre. The trumpet solo sounded very real as well as the percussion. Great job! I wish you and your CD all the best. ... very inspirational! Thank you for sharing.

"...Wiktor's a Jekyll-Hyde personality..." - Lycos Music

Hi, rgarber

I'm so glad you stepped out of the shadows to share this tasy and tempting demo of your CD - It sure does the job of making a listener want to get hold of the whole thing.

Great sounding arrangements, really well-done leads. The whole thing is extremely intimate sounding, as in, a very sparing use of reverb. I probably would ideally want just a bit more air in the tracks, more a sense of a small Jazz venue. But this isn't a spoiler - the vocals and instrumentals sound super as they are.

Thanks so much for the taste--Best of luck on your CD venture!

Randy B.

I have to agree with Randy, this is very cool and works!

"Music is the shorthand of emotion." Leo Tolstoy

Listen to me, tuning my triangle http://www.box.net/shared/ae822u6r3i

It is nice to hear some upbeat and uplifting jazz music.

You did a great job of creating an an authentic sound. I like the arrangements and the voice sounds superb.

I enjoyed listening to this very much. Thanks for the demo.

Dallas, TX

Thumbs up Re: Living Waters Jazz demo

Wow! I love good jazz and this is very very good, Rich... or incredible i should say!
    You certainly have done an outstanding job with sound/mixing/recording as well as fine arranging, great singing voice too, sounds like you make a great crooner.

Rich -

I see that you joined this little community back in August, 2006 and have only 2 posts to your credit! Yep! That's a lurker, alright!! LOL!

Very glad that you finally came out of "lurker mode" to share some very good music!! The compositions are nice, and there's some very fine horn writing to boot!! (I love jazz!! )

Good luck with your project!!! Hope you sell lots of CD's! And thank you for sharing!

Music and humor are healthy for the soul.

Some really nice lines here. The vocals work well too.
    I liked the variety in the writing styles. I know you are
    having fun with JABB. It is a great library.

Visit us more regularly, Rich. We need your input.

Jack Cannon--Toshiba laptop, 2.8 GHz CPU, 1.5 GB RAM, GPO4-JABB3-Auth. STEINWAY-Gofriller CELLO-Stradivari VIOLIN-COMB2-WORLD, FINALE 2009/11, RME Digiface, Cardbus, V-Stack---Mac Pro 2.66 GHz CPU, 8 GB RAM, DP 8, MOTU Traveler, MOTU Micro Express.--MacBook Pro 2.2 Ghz CPU, 8 GB RAM.

A warm welcome aboard, Rich -- and with a really
    top-notch demo reel, I must say, to introduce us
    to your work.

I was really impressed with this... very high quality

May I wish you much success in getting the CD out
    there, Rich.

Come on back with more, soon!

All my best,

Great!!! And all those styles..... really I loved the most of it (the pure instrumental demos, were the best in my opinion!!).

Go Back to forum
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast