• Register
  • Help
Page 1 of 5 1234 ... LastLast

Topic: Najima's Veil

Share/Bookmark

Najima's Veil

Hi Everyone,

Something I put together over the couple of days off for Thanksgiving (while I should have been mowing the lawn )... with:

GPO: lush violins mute, lush violas mute, lush cellos mute, alto clarinet, F.horn section, percussion toys.

JABB: flugelhorn & mezzosoprano sax (the lead melody guys), 3 trumpets (1,2 and 5), trombone, tenor sax, bari sax, acoustic bass, brushes drum set, various percussion.

I used a MusicLab Real Guitar and a couple of percussion sounds from K2.

This is Najima's Veil --with a picture thrown in to set the mood a little:

The mp3: NAJIMA (it might take just a little while to load)

Thanks For listening!

Danny

Re: Najima's Veil

That is super good, Mr. Danny! I especially liked your flugel work. Everything else wasn't chopped liver either.

That's the best I have ever heard the JABB flugelhorn sound. I enjoyed your "Najima..." very much. Mucho realistic!

Admiringly,

Larry
    Larry G. Alexander
    www.alexandermusic.com

Danny

First off, can I get her number? I can see why Muslim men go wild for their women. She's gorgeous!!!

Love the Fugelhorn!! I also like the MusicLab Real Guitar.

While you were goofing off composing, I was up on the roof blowing off the leaves and cleaning the gutters. This is a once a week drill for me this time of year.

Beautiful sounds and writing. I hate to call it writing though, beautiful composing!!

Love that transistion. Sort of jumps at you like a cobra strike.

This is a great blend of western music and eastern ideas.

For a couple of days.... man you work fast!!!

I said I was a fan and this cements it.

You can send me Najima's number now!!!

Great piece of music

Ron

cool Danny,

real nice work!

Dan

Quote Originally Posted by Larry G. Alexander
    That is super good, Mr. Danny! I especially liked your flugel work. Everything else wasn't chopped liver either.

That's the best I have ever heard the GPO flugelhorn sound. I enjoyed your "Najima..." very much. Mucho realistic!

Admiringly,

Larry
    Hey, thanks Mr. Larry!

I think the JABB flugel is one of the best sounds in the libarary... fun to work with, for sure.

Glad you liked it and took the time to respond, my friend!

Danny

Quote Originally Posted by rolifer
    Danny

First off, can I get her number? I can see why Muslim men go wild for their women. She's gorgeous!!!

Love the Fugelhorn!! I also like the MusicLab Real Guitar.

While you were goofing off composing, I was up on the roof blowing off the leaves and cleaning the gutters. This is a once a week drill for me this time of year.

Beautiful sounds and writing. I hate to call it writing though, beautiful composing!!

Love that transistion. Sort of jumps at you like a cobra strike.

This is a great blend of western music and eastern ideas.

For a couple of days.... man you work fast!!!

I said I was a fan and this cements it.

You can send me Najima's number now!!!

Great piece of music

Ron
    Thanks, Ron, that's very, very flattering! I do have to work fast out of necessity (hard to find time while I'm teaching ), so it's just an acquired habit -- meanwhile, you have a clean roof and gutters, and my lawn is still too tall (and too wet to mow, anyway)!

I'll send you Najima's number right away !

Danny

Quote Originally Posted by DPDAN
    cool Danny,

real nice work!

Dan
    Hey, thanks for taking some time to listen, Dan! I know you've been quite busy.

(Still mulling over that change, BTW -- thanks for the help; I'm defnitely leaning your direction).

Danny

Thumbs up Re: Najima's Veil

I only wish I could do something this good as quickly as you did. Very well thought out with excellent rendering. Makes me embarrassed to post my pieces ,,,,,,, you are a hard act to follow.
    Best wishes
    John

Quote Originally Posted by taylorchandler
    I only wish I could do something this good as quickly as you did. Very well thought out with excellent rendering. Makes me embarrassed to post my pieces ,,,,,,, you are a hard act to follow.
    Best wishes
    John
    Hi John,

Well, thanks very much for listening and such kind words... BUT -- never be embarrassed to post! I think everyone here understands that we all have different goals, different tastes and are at various places and stages of experience with our music. We all stop by the forum to vist, to share, and support each other with whatever we happen to be doing.

Thanks again so much for listening and replying... glad you enjoyed this!

Danny

The percussion and rhythm really sets this off for me. It conveys so much motion that acts as an interesting counterbalance to the more easy-going melody lines.
    Best regards,

Little Red King
    http://luridcactus.com/MusicPage.html

Go Back to forum
Page 1 of 5 1234 ... LastLast