• Register
  • Help
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Topic: Just Waltz

Share/Bookmark

Just Waltz

This is short, optimistic waltz. Name of file is 'Just waltz'.
    Instruments:
    Music box is originally soundfont, all other instruments are GPO. Key is E minor. Medium tempo.

Now is available direct link from www.box.net.
    Link is:
    http://www.box.net/shared/9atyqt6cly

I hope that you will enjoy. Thank you for listening.

www.glamator.com

This is updated version of waltz. Waltz is few beats slower. Instruments are different. Instead of Full strings sus, Vlns 1 Ks and Viola KS are used. End is changed (ritt., added cellos).Here is link for new version:
    Thank you.

http://www.box.net/shared/hb6ngc8ra1
    Last edited by Glamator; 12-03-2007 at 02:55 AM. Reason: New version

Re: Just Waltz

Hello Glamator,

I like your 'just waltz'!
    The two themes are simple but very pleasant to hear.
    The repeats could benefit by adding some variety, whether in a sub melody or counterpoint.
    Thanks for posting!

Yudit

This is a delightfully sweet little waltz. I really enjoyed listening to this, even my 5 cats lifted their heads in appreciation as I played this in the livingroom, they usually run away when I play any of my music
    Kind Regards

Louis Dekker
    My Music Site

Pour être grand, il faut avoir été petit.

I'm glad to see you here again, Glamator

I always admire the uncluttered, straight-forward approach to your compositions, and those attributes are very much in evidence with your new Waltz also.

The amount of orchestration you've used for your pretty theme seems like just enough to me. I thought perhaps it was going to slow down at the end for a dreamy drifting away conclusion, but I don't find it ever appropriate to suggest how someone "should" arrange their own music. I include that comment just as a passing thought.

Thanks for dropping by with this lovely piece.--That Music Box SoundFont serves you well, by the way!

Randy B.
    (rbowser)

WOW!!
    A beautiful little waltz!
    I will listen to this piece a couple more times and then mabye a few more times after that!!
    A wonderful piece,

Dan.
    Trumpet, cornet, flugel player. Composer and student.

Quote Originally Posted by sunbird
    Hello Glamator,

I like your 'just waltz'!
    The two themes are simple but very pleasant to hear.
    The repeats could benefit by adding some variety, whether in a sub melody or counterpoint.
    Thanks for posting!

Yudit
    Thank you for comments and suggestions.

Quote Originally Posted by LouisD
    This is a delightfully sweet little waltz. I really enjoyed listening to this, even my 5 cats lifted their heads in appreciation as I played this in the livingroom, they usually run away when I play any of my music
    Thank you for listening. I'm glad that your cats enjoyed waltz,too.

Quote Originally Posted by rbowser-
    I'm glad to see you here again, Glamator

I always admire the uncluttered, straight-forward approach to your compositions, and those attributes are very much in evidence with your new Waltz also.

The amount of orchestration you've used for your pretty theme seems like just enough to me. I thought perhaps it was going to slow down at the end for a dreamy drifting away conclusion, but I don't find it ever appropriate to suggest how someone "should" arrange their own music. I include that comment just as a passing thought.

Thanks for dropping by with this lovely piece.--That Music Box SoundFont serves you well, by the way!

Randy B.
    (rbowser)
    Thank you, Randy, for comments and support (and box.net).
    I like sound of Music Box. In this waltz is used instead of accordion. It gives different atmosphere.

Quote Originally Posted by June-Bug-Dan
    WOW!!
    A beautiful little waltz!
    I will listen to this piece a couple more times and then mabye a few more times after that!!
    A wonderful piece,

Dan.
    Thank you. I'm glad you like it.

A pretty little waltz you have here. Very enjoyable. I would love to hear the music box on its own at the end slowing down to a stop... slowly unwinding..
    Trent P. McDonald

Go Back to forum
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast