• Register
  • Help
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Topic: VSL SE available for download via subscription

Share/Bookmark

VSL SE available for download via subscription

Soon, it will be possible to purchase VSL SE in packages and download them from VSL's website.

The order of the packages downloading can't be altered, and it starts with the strings. You can subscribe for 1, 3 or 5 packages per month. The price per package is 9,5€ (at least that's the price listed for Europe) You can download additional packages as you want, but respecting the download order. The VSL SE is divided in 54 packages, and there's a VSL SE Plus (56 packages more), with more articulations (snap pizz, col legno and harmonics for the strings, for example) What I don't know yet, is if we can end the subscription when we want (and reactivate it later if wanted).
    -Dani-

Re: VSL SE available for download via subscription

I think someone else just posted this topic but I will reiterate what I said on that thread- this is a great idea especially for those of us who already have Vienna SE Standard and Extended libs but wanted a few more articulations to fill out the package.

Quote Originally Posted by ZareOne
    The order of the packages downloading can't be altered, and it starts with the strings. You can subscribe for 1, 3 or 5 packages per month.
    I can't find any info on VSL's site about the download order being set as you claim. So I hope you're wrong. The ideal would be to purchase the packages you need/want in any order you like. I hope this is the case.

Best
    Thomas
    We are the musikmakers, we are the dreamers of dreams.
    -Willy Wonka

www.lavergren.com
    Follow me on Twitter!

Quote Originally Posted by davecos
    I think someone else just posted this topic but I will reiterate what I said on that thread- this is a great idea especially for those of us who already have Vienna SE Standard and Extended libs but wanted a few more articulations to fill out the package.
    Hehe, or those of us that have none...

Best
    Thomas
    -Willy Wonka

www.lavergren.com
    Follow me on Twitter!

Quote Originally Posted by ThomasL
    I can't find any info on VSL's site about the download order being set as you claim. So I hope you're wrong. The ideal would be to purchase the packages you need/want in any order you like. I hope this is the case.
    I would love to be wrong on this too. Even if it's not stated in the website, it has been said in the VSL forum: http://community.vsl.co.at/forums/t/17386.aspx
    For me it's not too bad, since I'm most interested in strings, and I hope to be able to download them and then stop the subscription (or maybe I like it so much I end with the whole thing). I would like to have the harp, and some
    other instruments, but I should pay for the woodwinds and brass, which I don't think I'll be using, since WIVI does it sooo good.
    -Dani-

this is a very good news.

Quote Originally Posted by ZareOne
    I would love to be wrong on this too. Even if it's not stated in the website, it has been said in the VSL forum: http://community.vsl.co.at/forums/t/17386.aspx
    For me it's not too bad, since I'm most interested in strings, and I hope to be able to download them and then stop the subscription (or maybe I like it so much I end with the whole thing). I would like to have the harp, and some
    other instruments, but I should pay for the woodwinds and brass, which I don't think I'll be using, since WIVI does it sooo good.
    Ok, bummer. This defeats the whole idea in my opinion. Since it's cheaper to buy the boxed version than the downloaded version I acually see no point in this whatsoever.

Best
    Thomas
    -Willy Wonka

www.lavergren.com
    Follow me on Twitter!

Quote Originally Posted by ThomasL
    Ok, bummer. This defeats the whole idea in my opinion. Since it's cheaper to buy the boxed version than the downloaded version I acually see no point in this whatsoever.
    I agree - they cut out manufacturing and postage costs, yet somehow find a reason to add €130 to the price of the library? It's very strange. The customer will be paying an extra 40% to be locked in to a scheme which allows them to download pieces of a pre-existing product in monthly installments.

It would make sense if they made the whole library modular - i.e. allow people to download just solo strings, then add brass at a later date. But it seems that they force people to start at the beginning and receive bits of the library in a set order.

On the off chance the VSL people are paying attention, I'm going to chime in with the dissappointed crew. The idea of being able to add to the SE collection is great. The lack of control stinks. What if there is a higher price point to be able to pick and choose? Many subscription services of different sorts offer this option. I NEVER use the full strings- it's just not the type of work I do. So I think it's unfair to have to purchase a bunch of samples I don't need to get at the solo strings and woodwinds. Or I will also second the vote to go modular. But the setup as-is is really disappointing.

Mark

Thinking about this some more... instead of subscribing, you could set up a bank transfer into a dedicated account for €30 each month.

After a year, you will be able to afford the DVD copy and the VI Key / Dongle and perhaps even have money left over to treat yourself for being so sensible.

Go Back to forum