• Register
  • Help

Topic: SCARBEE J-Slapín Fingered (Halion) released!

Share/Bookmark

SCARBEE J-Slapín Fingered (Halion) released!

Why spend six months on a Halion version? Yeah - good question!
    Well, I couldn\'t just make a simple Giga to Halion conversion, but wanted to go further with the programming to make something even better - I\'m a user myself you know!
    So I spend days, weeks and months experimenting with different programming until I knew what was cool in the end. Playability is one thing but editing the sequence is another - I wanted both processes to be as good as possible...

Happy Bass Playing!

Thomas Hansen Skarbye (Scarbee)

Read all about it and listen to the cool demoes in the Scarbee J-Slap\'n Fingered Online Manual at www.scarbee.com

Re: SCARBEE J-Slapín Fingered (Halion) released!

The online manual looks great Thomas.
    That combined with the midi files and mp3 demos make it very easy to see what you\'re getting with this product.

Hope you plan on a Slap \'n Fingered for V3 of Gigastudio!

Scarbee,

There is still room for a Scarbeeized Pick Bass, will we ever see that? [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]

Originally posted by Munsie:
    Scarbee,

There is still room for a Scarbeeized Pick Bass, will we ever see that? [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]
    <font size=\"2\" face=\"Verdana, Arial\">Yes. You see now that I kept my word doing the Halion Bass and off course I will do a Pick Bass one day. I now know how to do it.

PS. I like Nick\'s Hardcore bass - it made me kind of jealous... [img]images/icons/wink.gif[/img]

Originally posted by Chadwick:
    Hope you plan on a Slap \'n Fingered for V3 of Gigastudio!
    <font size=\"2\" face=\"Verdana, Arial\">Hey Rick,

I will now have time to a decent chat... [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]

Yes I will off course make a Giga version -but Giga 3.0 REALLY have to be cool because if it has the same tight dimension structure (you can choose 1-2-4-8-16-32, etc) it will neeed 2048 dimensions to do what I do ib the Halion 2 version! [img]images/icons/shocked.gif[/img]

In Halion you can freely choose velocity layers and not all keys need to have the same number of \"dimoensions\" like Giga. So In Giga it would be:

16 velocities x 8 key-triggers (128)x 4 modwheel (now 512) x release triggers (now 1024) x 2 Foot to switch between Fingered/Slap (all in all 2048 dimensions)

It currently has 32...

Now you CAN use program-changes instead of Mod-wheel - that will reduce it to 512 - and you can have the release samples on a seperate program- maybe 2 channels linked - that will bring us down to 256 dimension - a minimum for 3.0.

So Let\'s see!!

Anyway Halion plays all the midi-files perfect.
    In my eyes a really underestimated piece of software.

Go Back to forum