• Register
  • Help
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Topic: Dear Forum Members - May I Quote you for publicity?

Share/Bookmark

Dear Forum Members - May I Quote you for publicity?

Over the course of this year, since I first started posting the numbers from my stage musical, "Dorian-The Remarkable Mister Gray," there has been a lot of wonderful and very quotable feedback posted in response.

It would be very helpful to us if quotes from this year's feedback could be used in conjunction with promoting and publicizing the show.

I would like to be able to include names with the quotes, so that sources wouldn't be anonymous.

The list of people who have contributed to the "Dorian" threads over the last 11 months (!) is very long. So I'm trying to reach you all through this post, rather than sending out a hundred individual emails.

I'm hoping people can let me know by replying to this post, or by sending me direct email (use the drop-down menu on my name here - DON'T USE THE PM please) - letting me know if I can have permission to use their quotes.

Thanks very much.

Randy B.
    (rbowser)

Re: Dear Forum Members - May I Quote you for publicity?

It might actually help to know which quotes you wanted to use...

I don't remember if I said anything "quotable" or not, but hell, if I did, feel free.

Randy,

Quoth away. Was I ever that kind...?
    Ron Pearl

ronaldmpearl.com

myspace:

http://myspace.com/rmpearl

Hello Randy,

I can't remember either if I have quoted anything usable but if I have then feel free.
    Michael
    Patience is a virtue, sensitivity is a gift

Feel free to quote anything I might have said. I consider my forum posts to be in the public domain.
    --gary shannon
    Spooks! - The Movie

Hey this is good news, thanks, guys.

I didn't want to assume that everyone would be comfortable with being quoted, so I appreciate the head count mounting up on this thread.

So thank you Gary, Michael and Ron.

Michel - What I plan on doing is making a huge document which is comprised of cut and pastes from all the threads. I don't know specifically what quotes I would use - not yet, so I can't list them. The idea is to see if I can get blanket approval to use anything that seems helpful.

I'd go through and cull the most colorful and usable quotes - People have posted some very well phrased reactions at times. It'd be nice to have something like what you see in the first pages of paperbacks sometimes, quoting reviews.

Naturally the point is to use the most positive, well stated things from people who have enjoyed what they've heard. As I recall, there isn't anything of that nature from you, Michel, but with permission, there's a vast body of quotes I could work from.

Thanks again! - Hope to hear from more of you also, email is fine too.

Randy B.
    (rbowser)

Person-with-hair-on-face,

There will be a charge of twenty-three cents (American) for each quote of mine that you use. With tax, that brings the total to eleven dollars and sixty-nine cents (American) each.

Naaaah. Feel free to use any of my words that you choose (at no charge).

My best,

Larry
    Larry G. Alexander
    www.alexandermusic.com

Randy,

if i said anything that is quote-worthy, i don't mind at all and you can correct my puntuation, spelling, and grammar as deemed necessary, if you need.

My real name is David Leverington if you need the real names of people, and you can shorten the last name as deemed necessary, if you need.

I don't think I said anything so here goes...

"[Mr. Bowser's ] musical 'Dorian - The Remarkable Mr. Gray' is one of the best things I've heard in a long, long while. Well worth seeing. You will not be disappointed! Four stars!!"

That'll be $47.50.

Nah...use any word-quotes of mine (real name Reber Clark) freely, hopefully with a credit!
    In theory there is no difference between theory and practice, but in practice there is.

http://reberclark.blogspot.com http://reberclark.bandcamp.com http://www.youtube.com/reberclark

quote away Randy. Just in case I've said anything worthy, cause the last thing I remember saying to you about Dorian, is that the images look fine, and it's a nice post and all that! It's a highly impotant quote to put anywhere "the post looks nice... Nikolas". hehe

Honestly, just quote whatever you feel like, if there is anything to post.

Go Back to forum