• Register
  • Help

Topic: Tubed Rhodes sound query

Share/Bookmark

Tubed Rhodes sound query

Hi there, first post here!

Listening to the Tubed rhodes demos I was struck by what sounds like the attack phase of the piano has been altered. It sounds like there is no "toc" sound as the hammer strikes the tine.

However, when auditioning the single note samples at Mi7libraries.com the 'toc' sound is present.

Can anyone tell me which sound it is I will get? I'm very fussy about my rhodes samples!

Thanks.

Re: Tubed Rhodes sound query

Quote Originally Posted by hobo73
    Hi there, first post here!

Listening to the Tubed rhodes demos I was struck by what sounds like the attack phase of the piano has been altered. It sounds like there is no "toc" sound as the hammer strikes the tine.

However, when auditioning the single note samples at Mi7libraries.com the 'toc' sound is present.

Can anyone tell me which sound it is I will get? I'm very fussy about my rhodes samples!

Thanks.
    Hi

First of all, the Tubed Keys, (the Rhodes on sampletekk.com), and the Rhodes at Mi7 is not the same piano. Two different recordings. Both are produced by Sampletekk, but at different occations.
    The Tubed Keys Rhodes was set up to produce less tines by altering the angle of the mikes. This was, to give it a more 70's sound.
    So, no altered samples, just different ones
    Worra
    SampleTekk

Arf, arf, arf...

Go Back to forum