• Register
  • Help

Topic: Transmogrified Metamorphoses

Share/Bookmark

Transmogrified Metamorphoses

Well, after consideration of the comments on Metamorphoses for Organ, it has been seriously reworked. The result is the transmogrification of the Metamorphoses to Phoenix Prelude. The reason for the title should be obvious. I think it works better. Much material discarded, a small amount added, and the remainder reconfigured, with new registrations and less reverb. Now, forward with my new project, a short work for left hand piano, as requested yesterday afternoon.

Phoenix Prelude

Richard

Nov 27, 8:30 P.M.
    Just added, revised version. Final, I hope.

Phoenix Prelude (Organ)

Re: Transmogrified Metamorphoses

I like this better!

Can I fuss some more?

I'd REALLY have liked to hear a big 32' basso in the pedals at some point... some sort of way-slow iteration of the thematic material?

This is still pretty cool music. If you keep this up I just may end up LIKING organ music.

First I read Qccowboy's message the wrong way, as I like this better , telling you that you must improve it. But with a shifted accent it just says that this version is to his liking...... AND TO MINE. I can't remember the previous version, but this sounds really good. I must agree with gccowboy that some basses would improve this piece considerably.

I am particular fond or organ music, it is God's own synthesizer after all and I always sit down when the organ starts after the Holy Mass.

Raymond
    [Widor, Vierné, Bach, Buxtehude, Bruckner, César Franck.... oh boy what a wonderful companions you have.....]

I missed the first version of this. I like this version quite a bit – I think it sounds great. I don't know - I may actually like your organ compositions better than your piano works...
    Trent P. McDonald

Richard

I like this version much better. The first just didn't seem to vary enough for this venue. If I saw this in person, I might like the first one better.

I think though that I enjoy your piano pieces more. I keep trying to compose for the organ and I think I might be too atonal for it. I have 5 or 6 pieces for the organ and am not satisfied with any yet.

Ron

Richard -

It's been a while since I had any time to listen to music from this forum (or anywhere else). This was the first piece that I clicked on. . .

Very nice, Richard. I thoroughly enjoyed listening to your composition. I like this style of music. And, I like the fact that this style of music was composed for organ. I didn't listen to your original version of this piece. This version, however, seemed just fine to me. Thank you for sharing your music.

Ted
    Music and humor are healthy for the soul.

Well, thanks, guys! I am really happy with your comments. They are helpful to me.

Once again, I have made some changes. I restored a 16 ft bass in the first 12 or so bars, and replaced the 16 ft bass in the last few bars with a new bass line using a 32 ft stop. I created the 32 ft stop by modifying the original rank of GPO organ. I tuned it an octave low, boosted the level and gave it more reverb than the rest so it would be very clear.

I won't be able to upload it until very late tonight because of internet connection problems. It should be available by the time any of you are interested in another listen. Maybe then I will also have the score uploaded.

Richard

Well, surprise! I was able to upload the latest (final) revision earlier than anticipated. Here is the new link.

Phoenix Prelude (Organ)

Richard

I didn't hear the earlier versions, but I think I have the
    right final, final version, now, however... lol.

Your organ music is always an intriguing listen, Richard;
    this, no exception, with its mystically swirling superpositions
    migrating into ascension.

The ending on this -- particularly delicious!

My best,

David
    www.DavidSosnowski.com

Go Back to forum