• Register
  • Help

Topic: Question about legato in Kirk Hunter Ruby

Share/Bookmark

Question about legato in Kirk Hunter Ruby

I own Emerald for gigastudio, and the legato patches there don't work very well... Has anybody had experience with ruby for Kontakt? How effective is the legato, especially in fast passages or passages where it's a mixture of legato for a couple of notes and more staccato for the rest of the passage... Does it sound real? It doesn't have to be played live, it could be programmed, I'm just wondering how happy are you with the legato programming of ruby for kontakt... any info appreciated, thanks...

Re: Question about legato in Kirk Hunter Ruby

Quote Originally Posted by tradivoro
    I own Emerald for gigastudio, and the legato patches there don't work very well... Has anybody had experience with ruby for Kontakt? How effective is the legato, especially in fast passages or passages where it's a mixture of legato for a couple of notes and more staccato for the rest of the passage... Does it sound real? It doesn't have to be played live, it could be programmed, I'm just wondering how happy are you with the legato programming of ruby for kontakt... any info appreciated, thanks...
    I can't speak to the Giga versions but I use Emerald with the EXS24 and RUby with Kontakt 2 and I find the legato patches extremely playable.
    Composer, Logic Certified Trainer, Level 2,
    author of "Going Pro with Logic Pro 9."

www.jayasher.com

Thanks Jay, for feedback, I'm still considering this library, cause I do like the sound of the samples...

There is extra legato programming in Ruby to smooth intervals and add realism, that works well. You can buy the same programming for your Emerald samples, for around $25.

The new programming will help organise your Emerald samples a lot better too.

Greg, I would have bought ruby in a heartbeat, if it existed for gigastudio, which is what I still have... I am considering ruby now, but first I am going to have to get Kontakt 2... But before going through all that expense, I wanted to make sure that samples in the new ruby library actually could generate a real legato easily...

Inasmuch as everybody thinks that Kontakt is wonderful, I also read that it has its own set of problems, even with things as simple as being able to load samples of other libraries, if you follow discussions on the GPO forum... So, I'm somewhat hesistant to get this, since I'm happy with gigastudio, just wish that the Kirk Hunter libraries would have continued supporting gigastudio... Anyway, long story short, that's why I didn't get the new programming for Emerald, it doesn't exist for gigastudio... I can't use it in my present state...

Go Back to forum