• Register
  • Help
Page 1 of 10 1234 ... LastLast

Topic: QUARKS - Symphony Orchestra (Sosnowski)

Arrow QUARKS - Symphony Orchestra (Sosnowski)

A Relativistic Romp for Symphony Orchestra
    By David J. Sosnowski

To Listen:

Strictly for fun, this one: an improvisation for orchestra
    that reflects my perplexity with the conundrums of
    modern physics...

An online animated score for Quarks has been added
    to the www.DavidSosnowski.com site.

Re: QUARKS - Symphony Orchestra (Sosnowski)

David I'm posting RIGHT now, to be the first and then I'll edit my post with comments!

Now that I got first post it's time to listen, speak, hear (but sadly not see yet).

First of, I do wish to repeat that the newsletter is a briliant way to keep people in touch with your music!

I also mention that when it comes to music and people posting here, I have you in extra high rank (not that I rank people, but you know what I mean). I was really happy to see you have a new work!

On the work now!

This is an extra nice work! Very playful and the name, along with your small discription gave me the "right" images. Orchestration sounds great, rendering sounds brilliant as well!

It is semi-improvisation, but there are plenty of things to hang on, and I dunno, it simply makes sense to me! It's one of those things that I just "get" with your music: connection! There is continuity (as well as with your previous opus).

In short, once more, impressed, and happy to hear your music!

And btw, that was fast after your food experiment in music, huh? You didn't wait too long!

I can't claim to know anything about physics (except that gravity wins, in the end), but this did illustrate a key feature: the dual courses towards organization and chaos. From your description, I expected a much more dis-organized work, but it really hangs together well; and yet, it feels absolutely spontaneous. That is quite a feat! There are some stylistic elements that are so recognizably yours - the trumpet bends, for example. The opening has a kind of minimalistic feel, with the motive being passed among the sections: it creates a web of motion that carries the ear to the less motoric passages. The open, space filled passages are lovely. I don't know if the mercurial quality is an aspect of quarks, but here they make for a very compelling work.

Glad to see you back in the kitchen so soon!

As alway, this is a real pleasure.

All the best,
    Ron Pearl

Dallas, TX

Delightful chiral perturbation beside this small set, David!! I was virtually unprepared that we would be allowed to approach a glimpse of release without any evidence of any, while we were yet still in observation of parity profusion, but that it would almost edge the valence from confinement both during and after strange seemed to make some sort of inferred composite sense, that may otherwise not be possessed in a sea quark.

Remarkable that sound, rare and likely so reflective the conundrum of perplexity, i was in a semi-state of disambiguity.

David as always brilliant job. I have the upmost respect for your ability. I can't wait to see the score for this one!!!

Well, Hi David. Mysterious fun! I love the dialog between the trumpet and bone. Strings are extremely effective especially against the woodwind interjections. I really love the way you interject slow sections with the fast (almost sticking out the tongue) sections of the brass and piano. I was disappointed when it was over because: "It was over!" You are sure you are not 'Penderecki or Lutoslawski' reborn?

Bravo friend, a very delightful and fanciful feast. (You should have entered this into the Halloween music contest.) Ah but you are well above the meager talents of the rest of us mortals!

Thank you for sharing, a very entertaining piece.

We dream to write and we write to dream.

Challenge #10 Winner

You never cease to amaze me with hugely inventive orchestrations, textures and harmonies - that nonetheless sound as if they were meant to be.

Wonderful work!

A Big surprise, and a wonderful one at that, to have you posting more music so relatively soon after "Ingredients," David--Must be another manifestation of the abundance of the holiday season!

"Quarks" is a clanging, colliding, careening ball of sonic wonderfulness. And it's such a pleasure when no technical issues in a recording distract from the experience of listening, as is 100% true in the case.

"Just for fun" you say? Ah, but I think music is always "just" for fun, no matter how serious the intent. It's been said that hearing music is the best mind altering drug around, and I agree. ESPECially when the music is as entertaining as "Quarks."

Thanks for letting us hear, David!

Randy B.

Well, Dave, I am finally getting to this. Do I detect in the beginning a bit of reference to Theme from 2001? (Thus Sprach Zarathustra isn't it?)

The lushness of the beginning is just entrancing. The humor in the trombones made me smile. The cymbal crash and strings on top made me think of an explosion of stars.

Chaos and great beauty alternating and intertwining -- such as in space or at the sub-atomic level, I suppose (I tend to see the two as mirrors of each other).

I really enjoyed this, needless to say, Dave. Especially the unexpected, the playfulness and humor and the alternation of so many moods and textures. Was it Heisenberg's principle that the observer changes the course of events at the sub-atomic level simply by the act of observing? The quality of this piece is such that it makes me feel if I listen closely, something might behave differently -- a kind of magical feeling that I am not just an observer, but a part of the music. Like "don't move! or the score might re-write itself!!" LOL

As always, my friend, your music is not only enjoyable, but an instruction and challenge to risk more in my own writing. Thank you so much for sharing this piece! Masterful!

Listen at: www.soundclick.com/kepeaceusa
    Scores at: http://stores.lulu.com/ke_peace

I am a mathematician who leans more towards Einsteinian Physics. I like how the big things fit together so well. These little things that can't be seen and can barely be measured indirectly and not at all directly, are sometimes held to be beliefs more than science by some mathematicians and as complete fantasies by others. When something has a mass that changes on where it is at that particular instant, and we can't say where it is or even when it is, things start to go fuzzy.

You have captured that essence in this piece. For something that was strictly for fun, this piece acheives that goal and goes far beyond.

Well Done

Many Mathematicians believe that Quantum Physicists and Statiticians carry magic wands instead of calculators.

Go Back to forum
Page 1 of 10 1234 ... LastLast