• Register
  • Help

Topic: Hey Worra, hows the strings goin'

Hey Worra, hows the strings goin\'

I\'m curious [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]

Re: Hey Worra, hows the strings goin\'

He, he.... that\'s what happens if you talk to mutch in IRC.... [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]

Strings are still in planning phase I suppose. I\'m working on a couple of pianos at the moment. I\'m trying out some different approches to building Giga-instruments and if they work out well, there will be some pianos up ahead.

But, strings, woodwinds and other stuff are in the pipe!

cool thx for the info

I also remember you asked here for \"advice on an upcoming strin libay\"... Am I right? [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]

Waiting for it... [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]

Yep, I\'m thinking and planning.... It will be done, hopefully sometime this year, but sampling strings have a high production cost, since there are many musicians involved, so I want to get everything right from the beginning. I\'ve got some plans on how to sample, but as I said, still planning.....

I am still looking for the Yamaha Grand Studio Sound. I know alot of Steinway samples exist, if you look at the las threads there is a big demand for the Yamaha Grand Samples. Gigastudio is the only Yamaha for Native Giga Format. Many are doing Steinway, but we are lusting after the yamaha Grands, I know there is a market for it, and I hope some developer could sample it.

Not mentioning names, but some of the newer Piano sample libraries out there are to clean sounding, too much that it loses its feel. A good example of not so clean but very Warm is Malmsjo. Very nice tone, why do people like it so much, because it has warmth and Hans did not over do it with all this wonderous technology.

Please give us a new Yamaha as well as the Malmsjo.

Go Back to forum