• Register
  • Help
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Topic: 2 new Silver XP songs

Share/Bookmark

Exclamation 2 new Silver XP songs

it's good to be posting again

I am enjoying the sound of East West Silver XP very much!

It really is an SUPERB value for the 310 dollars i paid for it especially the AWESOME BRASS AND PERUSSION in it....

anyway,enough reviewing..

Here's the links!:

http://files.filefront.com/The+Battl.../fileinfo.html

http://files.filefront.com/The+Final.../fileinfo.html

Unhappy Re: 2 new Silver XP songs

people???

hello???

Re: 2 new Silver XP songs

Download failed. Probably due to cookie handling. Not about to change my settings; sorry.

D

Red face Re: 2 new Silver XP songs

lol.

i'll put these on box.net

i actually listened to the first one last night. "The battle of .." i can't remember the name right now. I liked it,especially the percussion part. I wasn't impressed with the arrangement, but your sample work with the limited silver package was very good. What did you use for Reverb?

aug,

You are obviously a very good composer as your melodies are very good and development is interesting but there are some issues with your orchestration that impact the entire "battle" piece and the second half of your "finale" piece (the first half with the piano and horn is fine)

- Your bass is unclear. It sounds in parts like you are only using timpani to sound the bass note which is not really adequate - you should be using more double bass, tuba and perhaps contrabassoon to sound the bass note with the timpani. The issue it causes in the existing piece is it is sometimes difficult to tell what harmony you are sounding.
    - Even with the bass made stronger, in places it sounds like you are missing the third of the chord, making its quality doubtful and causing the arrangement to sound "empty". As a related issue, the middle part of the spectrum is also somewhat sparse so when the trumpets blare, it sounds like the horns and trombones and tuba aren't really supporting them.
    - Because of the two above issues the arrangement in many parts sounds simply like a melody line being played with non-pitched percussion as the only accompaniment.
    - In the "Finale" piece right now you have the full trumpets coming in right after the piano and horn part.. you might consider bringing in the trumpets a bit later IMO.. it sounds very powerful and regal and like the end of something (except of course for the issues I mentioned above about the missing bass and mid instruments), so what comes afterwards is a bit anti-climactic in comparison.

Mike

Thumbs up Re: 2 new Silver XP songs

Quote Originally Posted by PROTOOLSGUY
    i actually listened to the first one last night. "The battle of .." i can't remember the name right now. I liked it,especially the percussion part. I wasn't impressed with the arrangement, but your sample work with the limited silver package was very good. What did you use for Reverb?
    thanks,I used the built in Fruity Reeverb 2 set to the "Large Hall" preset that comes with FL Studio 7

Thumbs up Re: 2 new Silver XP songs

Quote Originally Posted by dalek3

- Your bass is unclear. It sounds in parts like you are only using timpani to sound the bass note which is not really adequate - you should be using more double bass, tuba and perhaps contrabassoon to sound the bass note with the timpani. The issue it causes in the existing piece is it is sometimes difficult to tell what harmony you are sounding.
    - Even with the bass made stronger, in places it sounds like you are missing the third of the chord, making its quality doubtful and causing the arrangement to sound "empty". As a related issue, the middle part of the spectrum is also somewhat sparse so when the trumpets blare, it sounds like the horns and trombones and tuba aren't really supporting them.
    - Because of the two above issues the arrangement in many parts sounds simply like a melody line being played with non-pitched percussion as the only accompaniment.
    - In the "Finale" piece right now you have the full trumpets coming in right after the piano and horn part.. you might consider bringing in the trumpets a bit later IMO.. it sounds very powerful and regal and like the end of something (except of course for the issues I mentioned above about the missing bass and mid instruments), so what comes afterwards is a bit anti-climactic in comparison.

Mike
    good idea on the missing bass..i never thought about that before...

It is hard to add a lot of instruments to my songs though...since i only have 503MB RAM which is not very good for this lib at all,I pretty much maxed out about 21 midi tracks which were all seperate instances of the Kompakt Player.

503MB is not that good for any lib.. RAM isn't that expensive these days.. you should try to upgrade soon.

For now you could always render your existing tracks to audio files and make a new project that contains your rendered tracks plus the instruments you want to add in.. It appears that FL studio doesn't support VST freeze like Cubase or Sonar which is unfortunate as it is a very good solution in these situations.

Go Back to forum